Author Topic: Looking for a Golf MK7 in good condition  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Arrius

• Not said much yet
Looking for a Golf MK7 in good condition
« on: 10 January 2019, 11:19 »
I have a budget of around £17.500 and looking to buy a Golf MK7 in decent condition.

I have to add, I am pretty new at the vehicle scene, any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Looking for a Golf MK7 in good condition
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2019, 13:23 »
Have you tried the AutoTrader website? You can just input details of what you are looking for and any suitable matches will come up.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/#search-form

Also worth trying the used car section of the VW website.

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars

Don't just look at the sticker price, discounts should be available if you haggle (although this will vary from car to car).

Also watch out for extortionate finance terms (high % APR), and cars with dubious history.
7.5 GTD

Offline Arrius

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2019, 08:10 »
Thanks for the advice, will check them now, cheers!

Offline Shandy77

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2019, 14:18 »
I'm selling my mk7 GTi (PP) but due to the specification I'm looking for £19k.

2017 mk7 Golf GTi (PP) 5dr DSG
Technology Pack (Keyless, European Maps, HDD)
Parking Pack with Park assist
Rear View Camera
Dynamic Chassis Control
Panoramic Roof
DynaAudio
18in Austin alloy wheels
Metallic Black
90% tinted windows (from factory)
Service pack (meaning the next service due in the summer is included)

In addition, there are certain OEM+ modifications which include

ABT Engine Control Unit (removable)
Milltek Resonated Exhaust (deeper tone but zero drone)
12mm spacers all round

I'm due to list the car on autotrader in the next few days so let me know if interested and I'll send you some pictures. I don't expect it to be available for long with that specification.

Offline Arrius

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2019, 11:03 »
I'm selling my mk7 GTi (PP) but due to the specification I'm looking for £19k.

2017 mk7 Golf GTi (PP) 5dr DSG
Technology Pack (Keyless, European Maps, HDD)
Parking Pack with Park assist
Rear View Camera
Dynamic Chassis Control
Panoramic Roof
DynaAudio
18in Austin alloy wheels
Metallic Black
90% tinted windows (from factory)
Service pack (meaning the next service due in the summer is included)

In addition, there are certain OEM+ modifications which include

ABT Engine Control Unit (removable)
Milltek Resonated Exhaust (deeper tone but zero drone)
12mm spacers all round

I'm due to list the car on autotrader in the next few days so let me know if interested and I'll send you some pictures. I don't expect it to be available for long with that specification.

Sounds great, I would like to check it out.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2019, 22:11 »
Are you still looking for a Golf?

I have a May 2015 Golf R manual in Lapiz Blue, with 19" Pretorias (no other extras, I thought the standard spec was generous enough, but hated the Cadiz wheels that come as standard), and remainder of a 5 year factory warranty and service pack (Service 4 due in May this year). It has 30k miles on it. No dings or dents to the bodywork and a tiny surface Graze about 3/4 of an inch long on one of the wheels.

Never been in an accident  apart from a minor front bumper scrape in a car park by an old Jag owner and it was removed and resprayed at my local dealership's body shop- so the front bumper has a hell of a lot less road-rash than most cars of this age).

I have a Polo GTI+ incoming (our second one!), due for arrival in May, with a £16800px price against the Golf. I'd forgo the ease of part ex for £500 more than that - so looking for £17300 (no negotiation for less than that) in May.

£19k seems to be the current going rate for an R this age in good condition and similar mileage - and you'd have the reassurance of a year's warranty left and a service to claim.

I also have the barely used Bridgestone Potenza tyres that came with the car - they are crap, but would save you the expense of a new set of tyres when the Michelin PSS tyres the car is running on wear out.

The car is finance free as I bought it cash.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2019, 09:29 »
Are you still looking for a Golf?

I have a May 2015 Golf R manual in Lapiz Blue, with 19" Pretorias (no other extras, I thought the standard spec was generous enough, but hated the Cadiz wheels that come as standard), and remainder of a 5 year factory warranty and service pack (Service 4 due in May this year). It has 30k miles on it. No dings or dents to the bodywork and a tiny surface Graze about 3/4 of an inch long on one of the wheels.

Never been in an accident  apart from a minor front bumper scrape in a car park by an old Jag owner and it was removed and resprayed at my local dealership's body shop- so the front bumper has a hell of a lot less road-rash than most cars of this age).

I have a Polo GTI+ incoming (our second one!), due for arrival in May, with a £16800px price against the Golf. I'd forgo the ease of part ex for £500 more than that - so looking for £17300 (no negotiation for less than that) in May.

£19k seems to be the current going rate for an R this age in good condition and similar mileage - and you'd have the reassurance of a year's warranty left and a service to claim.

I also have the barely used Bridgestone Potenza tyres that came with the car - they are crap, but would save you the expense of a new set of tyres when the Michelin PSS tyres the car is running on wear out.

The car is finance free as I bought it cash.

Sounds like a bargain!  :smiley:
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver
GONE - 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey