Author Topic: No air con ( moan.... )  (Read 1183 times)

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
Re: No air con ( moan.... )
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2018, 21:54 »
name and shame, which dealer?
Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline damianmkv

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2018, 06:36 »
Lookers Walton on Thames..

It wasn't a good start when they said I wasn't booked in, even though I had an email from them..
7.5 GTi PP DSG in indium grey, pro nav, excite dynaudio, Santiagos

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2018, 09:13 »
Which dealership/group?

My mk7 GTD had a new BCM last year after suffering a breakdown, then broke down again a month ago and not long ago it threw another fault relating to comms issues on CAN bus. After the last repair visit they said they tested it all and it works OK again but they neither said what the root cause was, nor even acknowledged my emails..... assuming they got no idea. There are a number of shockingly poor dealerships out there unfortunately (which is why my next car probably won't be a VW).
09/2016 Golf VII GTD DSG 50k miles

Gone: 11/2013 Golf VII Variant GT 2.0 TDI pacific blue - 123k miles

DASH SWAPS and KEYS LEARNING for most VWs up to MY2005 even if you don't have the PIN - FAULT CODES - ADAPTATIONS -  Windows via remote fob for Golf 4 and other 2000s VAGs -OXON and the whole country

Offline mcmaddy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2018, 09:35 »
If it's probably not going to be a VW what are you looking at if you don't mind me asking itavaltalainen? I've looked about for cars that offer the same level of equipment that you get on a GTi and to be honest it's a bit of a struggle.
Gti PP, Tungsten, Tech & Parking packs, HBA

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2018, 09:44 »
Think I'll go Japanese.

Subaru Levorg in sports trim (125kW CVT gearbox - if affordable on a lease) or a Mazda 6 saloon (135kW double clutch auto) - you can get the top of the line sports trim and options pack at a price where even a GTD base model works out more expensive.
Also looking at other things still, even something like a Civic estate - if only it wasn't so ugly (even for a Japanese car).

As I am going into Germany where company car tax is just one percent of list price a month in BIK (rather than stupid CO2 based system) I may even go for the Mazda 6 with the 2.5l petrol.
Though if a BMW comes along at the right price I'd consider that too.
09/2016 Golf VII GTD DSG 50k miles

Gone: 11/2013 Golf VII Variant GT 2.0 TDI pacific blue - 123k miles

DASH SWAPS and KEYS LEARNING for most VWs up to MY2005 even if you don't have the PIN - FAULT CODES - ADAPTATIONS -  Windows via remote fob for Golf 4 and other 2000s VAGs -OXON and the whole country

Offline damianmkv

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2018, 06:11 »
After 2 days, the brand manager replied to my email saying she was sorry that the car had not been looked at quicker, how they'd get me a better loan car next time etc..

I said thanks - but what was actually done to my car ? This was the point of my grumble..

She didn't know...

Clearly, this is a tricky question and one to which I suspect the reply is "nothing"
7.5 GTi PP DSG in indium grey, pro nav, excite dynaudio, Santiagos

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2018, 09:18 »
That sounds pretty bad damian, they have clearly made a complete balls of it and I'm not suprised you're pi$$ed off. I would say though I got mine from Lookers in Walton and have had it serviced there 3 times and in for a couple of repairs and the service has been very good. Not 100% perfect but pretty close. I'm convinced enough (probably) to take another 2 year service plan with them. So I wouldn't give up on them just yet, hopefully they will sort it out properly on the next visit :smiley:
2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.