Author Topic: REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5  (Read 420 times)

Offline neiln20

• Just got here
REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5
« on: 03 April 2018, 16:57 »
Hi Guys,

ive been reading the posts relating to tyres on here and would like some advice specifically on the golf gti mk 7.5 which I cant see anyone having already posted.

I have the original Bridgestone's and have covered about 4000 miles since new. The grip on them is shocking, I wanted to see if wearing the tyres in would improve this but it has not. I find the wheels spinning even just pulling away when the road is damp. Cornering and breaking grip however seem fine. I would like to replace the 2 front tyres and was wondering if any other mk 7.5 owners have experienced the same and if so what they have replaced the Bridgestone's with?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2018, 17:23 »
Pilot super sports are what you need  :smiley: replace all 4 though

Online Guzzle

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2018, 19:12 »
This has been discussed the n'th degree on the Mk7 forum, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 seems to be the tyre of choice for many.

However before you go rushing off to bin your Bridgestone's, you should begin to notice an improvement as the weather becomes milder. They need a bit of heat in them to get the best out of them,  they're not well suited to the British winters. In my opinion, in the summer months they're fine.
7.5 GTD

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2018, 11:17 »
I'd recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. If you can, I'd replace all four as barrym381 has said.

Offline Rob1981

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2018, 17:20 »
I must be the only one who doesn't mind the Bridgestone's. I wouldn't buy them again but I have no complaints, seem good in the wet.

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints