Author Topic: Dynamic indicator harness  (Read 1279 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Dynamic indicator harness
« on: 03 April 2017, 09:59 »
Took these off my car today so I'm selling them. I bought them from JoeGTi on here for £70 so I'm looking to get as close to that as I can. Postage will be next day recorded and included in the price.

Thanks
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Dynamic indicator harness
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2017, 12:51 »
Forgot to add a YouTube link in case people haven't seen them in action.

https://youtu.be/GUS0ZPa_XFQ

Offline TurboTrev

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2017, 21:27 »
Have you had the intermittent "problem" where the indicator light on the dash flashes faster than normal and a bulb warning light comes on?
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 21:32 by TurboTrev »

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2017, 10:13 »
Have you had the intermittent "problem" where the indicator light on the dash flashes faster than normal and a bulb warning light comes on?

Do you mean like what used to happen on cars years ago when a rear indicator bulb went and the front one would flash twice as fast? No I haven't, I didn't think that was possible on modern cars with canbus.

The reason I removed them was because I was following my wife driving my car the other evening and she was turning right and there was an R that was turning right beside her and I preferred the standard way.

I also noticed that the lights on the R were tinted, I thought that was an American only thing?

Offline TurboTrev

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2017, 21:07 »
^^^Yes, there's a thread on the R Forum about this - not everyone has had the issue - it only seems to be when it's very cold!  And yes all 7Rs have dark tinted back lights. 

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2017, 05:43 »
^^^Yes, there's a thread on the R Forum about this - not everyone has had the issue - it only seems to be when it's very cold!  And yes all 7Rs have dark tinted back lights.

I've driven behind hundreds of R's and I only noticed it the other day with both beside each other, I need to pay more attention.