Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 300360 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #690 on: 25 July 2016, 10:50 »
I'm in the Carribean - St Lucia , at the moment.

And you're posting on a car forum???

Yep, what else is there do to when you're awake in the middle of the night because you haven't adjusted to the time difference.  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #691 on: 25 July 2016, 13:48 »

Yep, what else is there do to when you're awake in the middle of the night because you haven't adjusted to the time difference.  :tongue:
Enjoy your hols Rebecca, I'll be away soon and I will certainly be paying the forum more than a few visits.
What could be better than a few cold beers, a bit of sun and a quick read about car detailing ?  :cool: :kiss:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #692 on: 25 July 2016, 18:42 »
^^
Very cute couple Peter.

Don't bother looking out for my R next weekend, as it's currently residing in a Gatwick car park - I'm in the Carribean - St Lucia , at the moment.

Enjoy the holiday, there will be a dusty grimy car waiting for you when you get back. The thought of airport car parks puts the fear of dread in me... I'm glad I get to use the staff car park and can park away from everybody else. I'm off to Austin, Dallas and Houston TX in a couple of weeks, I can't wait for it to start.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #693 on: 25 July 2016, 20:40 »

Enjoy your hols Rebecca, I'll be away soon and I will certainly be paying the forum more than a few visits.
What could be better than a few cold beers, a bit of sun and a quick read about car detailing ?  :cool: :kiss:

Exactly what I'm doing right this sec. Cocktail instead of beer.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #694 on: 25 July 2016, 20:40 »
^^
Very cute couple Peter.

Don't bother looking out for my R next weekend, as it's currently residing in a Gatwick car park - I'm in the Carribean - St Lucia , at the moment.

Enjoy the holiday, there will be a dusty grimy car waiting for you when you get back. The thought of airport car parks puts the fear of dread in me... I'm glad I get to use the staff car park and can park away from everybody else. I'm off to Austin, Dallas and Houston TX in a couple of weeks, I can't wait for it to start.

Yes, it's always a tense time when it's at the airport.  Thank goodness you have the staff car park.  Enjoy your trip to the US Peter.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #695 on: 31 July 2016, 17:28 »
Given it a quick wash and finished with a spray of quick detailer (Bouncers Done and Dusted). Last wash included a wax with Finish Kare FK1000p, first time since the G-Techniq C2v3 had worn off and I must say I'm liking the feel of the paint and the glossy finish but don't want to waste the G-Techniq, not sure whether or not to use it this winter or just to keep the layers of wax up to date. Anyway, some shiny pictures :smiley:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #696 on: 31 July 2016, 18:28 »
Given it a quick wash and finished with a spray of quick detailer (Bouncers Done and Dusted). Last wash included a wax with Finish Kare FK1000p, first time since the G-Techniq C2v3 had worn off and I must say I'm liking the feel of the paint and the glossy finish but don't want to waste the G-Techniq, not sure whether or not to use it this winter or just to keep the layers of wax up to date.

Looks good Watts :cool: Makes me feel guilty, as my car remained unwashed this weekend.
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #697 on: 31 July 2016, 19:11 »
Cheers :smiley: It's difficult to find the time isn't it? Then it's either raining or too hot and if you do find the time and get the job done it rains soon after :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a few new pictures of you pocket rocket :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #698 on: 31 July 2016, 20:03 »
Looking superb Watts.  :cool:  Great reflections and gloss. 

Enjoying the wax finish then.  You could always just use the C2v3 on the wheels on a monthly basis, and regularly on the glass.  That's all I use C2 for.  Not impressed with it on paintwork, doesn't match up to a wax finish IMO, but fine for wheels and windscreen/other glass.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• I live here
« Reply #699 on: 31 July 2016, 20:49 »
Looking superb Watts.  :cool:  Great reflections and gloss. 

Enjoying the wax finish then.  You could always just use the C2v3 on the wheels on a monthly basis, and regularly on the glass.  That's all I use C2 for.  Not impressed with it on paintwork, doesn't match up to a wax finish IMO, but fine for wheels and windscreen/other glass.

Thanks for that, a bit of a change though since I bought the wax for the wheels and the C2v3 for the bodywork! Good idea though and I think that's what I'll do :smiley:

Must do a decontamination soon as I can feel particles embedded in the paint. Problem is though presumably I'll need a machine polish afterwards and I haven't got one. Not sure about investing in one as I'll be enthusiastic to start but soon lose interest :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 31 July 2016, 20:52 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.