Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 301924 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1050 on: 19 April 2017, 17:22 »
It never ceases to amaze me how given the limited knowledge you'd need to know everything sales related about the vw range that time and time again they don't have a clue. Compared to the product knowledge needed for my job it's pathetic. It's not hard to learn this stuff.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1051 on: 19 April 2017, 17:39 »
It never ceases to amaze me how given the limited knowledge you'd need to know everything sales related about the vw range that time and time again they don't have a clue. Compared to the product knowledge needed for my job it's pathetic. It's not hard to learn this stuff.
I agree totally!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1052 on: 19 April 2017, 17:41 »
Got to say I'm a bit disappointed if it's true about the fog lights even if it's only from a looks point of view and you do actually get fog lights in the main light units -  I think the lower fins in the bumper without the fogs look like there is something missing - the cars with fogs in the bumper complete "the look".
I agree - the front fogs for aesthetics look great.  IMO its a backward step on the looks front.  Coupled with no Sport & Sound option and they're not selling it strongly for me, even though I'm due to change shortly.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1053 on: 19 April 2017, 18:14 »
Just had confirmation that orders for the MK7.5 PP have been pushed back to week 35. No details as to why though.

Maybe 7 speed DSG related?

Or could it be due to a shortage of front fogs......

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #1054 on: 19 April 2017, 18:26 »
Just had confirmation that orders for the MK7.5 PP have been pushed back to week 35. No details as to why though.

Hmm interesting. That's the end of August so delivery days will be November onwards.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1055 on: 19 April 2017, 18:51 »

I sincerely hope that is wrong. :cry:

Hmmm... must resist... temptation to... order Golf R :lipsrsealed:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1056 on: 19 April 2017, 19:37 »

Jesus wept :shocked: I was hoping it was going to be way before that.  :angry: rrrrrr......R?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1057 on: 19 April 2017, 20:12 »

I doubt it'll be gearbox related as the DSG7 is in the GTD and no delays there....

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1058 on: 19 April 2017, 20:46 »
I doubt it'll be gearbox related as the DSG7 is in the GTD and no delays there....
VAQ diff related?

Maybe high demand in the countries where the GTI Performance is already available to order?

Does anyone know if the delivery is being delayed in other markets?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #1059 on: 20 April 2017, 05:56 »

Thats crazy!, my PP is build this week! :)

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/