Author Topic: What's the best product to make Lapiz Blue paint really pop  (Read 5677 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
As the title says really. I plan to do it by hand so was looking for opinions and advice on what will work. I have used Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic kit. Which consists of Prime base coat followed by the Jett trigger spray & finished with the Gloss trigger spray and been really pleased with the results on my Carbon Grey and used Sonax quick detailer in between times to keep it beading well.
Just wondered if there better options for Lapiz Blue.
Thanks  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Gazza

• Not said much yet
Re: What's the best product to make Lapiz Blue paint really pop
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2015, 22:09 »
With my DBP MK5 GTI I found that using a good pre-wax cleanser before the LSP of your choice was always the best way to achieve brilliant flake-pop. The main one I used then was auto finesse rejuvenate when on waxes and tough prep for sealants - followed by Tough Coat - the flake pop was immense.

Have a look on Polished Bliss - they give ratings to their products and one relates to flake pop - might give you a steer?
« Last Edit: 22 March 2015, 08:44 by Gazza »

Offline scottk7

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2015, 11:28 »
yes polish bliss have a blackfire kit which my mate uses on his black golf and looks great. or you could sample a show wax like ODK Glamour. But giving it a good polish will help the most

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2015, 08:10 »
Thanks for the replies. The Blackfire Over Ice kit did catch my eye as several others have mentioned it in the past. It was out of stock so gave it its first proper going over with Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Kit I bought for my previous car.

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2015, 09:39 »
That looks fantastic Jon. Is it going to be making an appearance at waxstock?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2015, 10:10 »
Wow!  Stunning!  Great result JB GTI  :cool:

Did you polish first? 

If you've got any favourite detailing products iworth shouting about, then pop 'em in the 'Top 3' thread in this section.  Nice to let others know what works for you  :smiley:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2015, 14:27 »
That looks fantastic Jon. Is it going to be making an appearance at waxstock?

Jon ?? Lol  :grin:
Must have me confused with someone else. Never been to Waxstock but I fear my efforts would pale into insignificance compared to some of the tackle there !!

Jamie  :whistle:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2015, 17:47 »
 :grin: sorry yeah must've done! With a finish like that it would stand out, believe me!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2015, 18:01 »
:grin: sorry yeah must've done! With a finish like that it would stand out, believe me!

Could you be confusing him with JBircy who is pretty hot on detailing?  Think he's a Jon.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2015, 18:27 »

Could you be confusing him with JBircy who is pretty hot on detailing?  Think he's a Jon.

Yep! Put it down to a senior moment!