Author Topic: Poor Economy after DSG service  (Read 6017 times)

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
Poor Economy after DSG service
« on: 26 April 2014, 12:38 »
Hey all,

Quick question for any DSG owners. I've recently had my GTD in for an oil change service, DSG service and fitting of cruise control.

Since picking it up yesterday, I've noticed that economy seems to be a lot less, with the same driving style on my usual routes. Where I'd usually get high 40s I'm getting just about 40. Also, considering the fact that the tank is pretty much full, the range is saying 300 odd rather than my usual 560/570.

Can't think that the oil change or CC fitting would have done this, so wondering if anyone else had noticed this after a DSG service? All my average counters have been reset so I wonder if part of thr DSG service involved some sort of software reset and it's I a default state? Hoping that more miles will see me back to normal if it adapts.

I asked VW for any information about this but they haven't got back to me. I'm a little concerned, as economy was my reason for getting the car. Ant thoughts?

Cheers
Jonny
Candy White MK6 Golf GTD | DSG | Heated Leather | RNS 510

Offline ab17790

• Not said much yet
Re: Poor Economy after DSG service
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2014, 15:28 »
Hi

The only thing they could i possibly done it carried out a DSG basic setting's and carried out a Adaption drive but that can take up to 1-2 hours so i doubt they would of don't that.I would just monitor it

Have you used you cruise control much?

Regards
My Car-2016 Golf 1.0 TSI Match Edition BlueMotion 115PS,17inch Singapore Alloys,Tech Pack,Parking Pack,Rear Camera,Heated Steering Wheel,Winter Pack,90% Window Tints,Front & Rear Mud flaps,Headlight and Boot Protector
Dad-Golf MK7.5 R Estate Pearlescent Black,Reversing Camera
Mum- Golf MK7 GTI PP 5 Door-Manual,White,90% Tints,Rear Camera,Front and Rear Mudflapa,19 Inch Santiago Wheels

Audi Technician

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2014, 18:47 »
Hi.

VW got back to me through a series of events representative and said that a resrt had been done and it should adapt soon. As long as it returns I'm happy. They didn't actually say if they had done a drive but would hope they did as there is a specific process to drive in odd and even gears for  set amount of time.

Haven't used cruise lots but a bit more today in some 40mph sections. Nice and simple to use and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth to and from work.

Vw were a bit rubbish at telling me about the adaptation and even about how to use the cruise control. Expected a better level of service tbh.

Jonny

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2014, 00:25 »
has your MPG gone back to normal? what are you getting, I'm still getting 38 with a very light foot :(

I was thinking maybe to have a DSG reset done?
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2014, 09:54 »
Hello Mate,

yes, the economy went back to normal pretty quickly. Seen your other posts in the MPG thread, and what you say does seem to be a little abnormal. Of course it depends on so many things, but the usual things to make sure are ok are getting decent tyres, getting a 4 wheel alignment, and getting your tyres up to the correct pressure.

Distance plays a massive role, as the car is always going to be more inefficient for the first few miles until everything is up to temp.

Jonny

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2014, 14:34 »
tyres are up to pressure, they're performance tyres so the rolling resistance isn't great, but I shouldn't lose 8-10 mpg with just tyres, I will look into getting the wheels aligned, as it's due a service anyway, will pop into vw and ask for a software update maybe that'll help
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust