Author Topic: VCDS - Coding in Rear LED lights  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Itteh

• Here all the time
  • Built Not Bought
VCDS - Coding in Rear LED lights
« on: 08 February 2014, 22:43 »
A friend wants to code in rear LED lights and i'm wanting to know which option to tick. I have full VCDS and went to byte 18 in Central electronics, went through to the long coding helper and its given me a long list of cars to choose. I chose the Golf GTI option because I'm fitting them into a GTI and chose the RoW option and it coded in. But i'm still getting an error on my dash for rear fog. Anything else I need to do? Or do I need to choose another option. Any help guys?

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
Re: VCDS - Coding in Rear LED lights
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2014, 23:23 »
quick search of google and found this...

Open VCDS and select the Central Electrics controller.

Now go into the coding option

and then long coding helper.

On Byte 18 set the value to 00100, this will set the hex value in the line above to 04.

Click on Exit and then Do it!.

Switch the ignition off and then on.

http://www.mk6golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/

Offline Itteh

• Here all the time
  • Built Not Bought
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2014, 23:26 »
thanks, but i tried and had a look at that before he came but when I get onto byte 18 I don't have the option to edit the binary. It just gives me a list of different VW's with an option of US and RoW for each one

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2014, 23:28 »
are you using a genuine VCDS? if not, then maybe look in to using the same build version as in the guide above. I'll see if I can find a download for you

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/

Offline Itteh

• Here all the time
  • Built Not Bought
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2014, 23:34 »
yes its the full version and I have the genuine lead from ross tech

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2014, 08:07 »
thanks, but i tried and had a look at that before he came but when I get onto byte 18 I don't have the option to edit the binary. It just gives me a list of different VW's with an option of US and RoW for each one

This is how my car was coded and I think resolves your issue.

Sorry to bump this but it might help someone. I just coded a mk6 with LED rears and i could not get the correct 'bit' number in byte 18.... as there was a funny drop down box with limited options. What you have to do is not use the long code helper, but copy the long string, copy it into the box below where is says 'New Coding' and edit the correct numbers, then click DO IT!.

Thats the drop down box... no option for '15' and no option to edit the binary value.

As you can see i have manually edited the string, entering 15 in the place where byte 18 is.

Hope thats of help to someone.

Rich

2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2014, 09:41 »
What year is the car, some 2009 cars needed a new BCM to get the bulb warning off.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Itteh

• Here all the time
  • Built Not Bought
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2014, 10:22 »
the car is a 2009 model but ill try what Raffe said when I next see him. If not i'll have to try the new BCM. anyone got a link for it?  Thanks guys

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2014, 12:41 »
This BCM is the sort of thing you need.

This looks like the right software and hardware revision so should be compatible but I wouldn't be 100%

A bit of a job to replace it as the knee airbag must come out as well as half the lower dash  :shocked:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(