Author Topic: First whiteworm :-(  (Read 1299 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
First whiteworm :-(
« on: 01 February 2014, 20:26 »
After all the cr@p weather we've been having lately, gave my GTD a good clean today as it's been a bright, dry day. Found the first eruption of the dreaded whiteworm near the centre on one of my diamond cut Charlestons, which wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I last cleaned it. :angry:

As the car's still under warranty, and the wheel is otherwise un-marked, I'm hoping it will be replaced without any issues.

Might treat myself and get some BBS CH-R's in either silver or anthracite, which should be immune from whiteworm, and store the Charlestons until the time comes to sell my GTD.
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
Re: First whiteworm :-(
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2014, 20:54 »
Yeah take them in! Something I never did with my whitworm but I bought second hand an even thoug still under warranty I just thought they would use that against me.

Mine has never spread though, it's in all alloys but doesn't look any worse than when I got it.
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2014, 21:14 »
If it's right next to the center cap, it's probably been nicked on the centering pin of a tyre fitting machine. I've got the tiniest bit on one of my wheels. I've kept putting a blob of wax on it and it's got no worse in over a year.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2014, 21:41 »
If it's right next to the center cap, it's probably been nicked on the centering pin of a tyre fitting machine. I've got the tiniest bit on one of my wheels. I've kept putting a blob of wax on it and it's got no worse in over a year.

It is near the centre cap but I'm still on the original tyres, so it hasn't been near a tyre fitting machine since it left the factory just over 2.5 years ago.

Like you, I've put some wax on it, until I get it into the dealer.
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2014, 09:13 »
Mine are starting to go by the centre caps and the cause defiantly was the wheel fitters. But its nearly 4 years old and has 64.5k on the clock. Its time not to care anymore.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Soon: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Now: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone but not forgotten: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio + DAB, Cruise, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack and TPS.