Author Topic: Timing Chain tensioner Failure List (timing issue)- Please Update with Your Info  (Read 230464 times)

Offline Realbadman

• Just got here
that sucks mate  :sad:
pretty much the same situation i was in this time last year
i decided to put mine away for about 8 months,think about it, then got it rebuilt
i had just finished paying the finance off on mine though so decided i would keep it and put some money into the engine rather than getting another car which i was gonna do before it went
it all depends on your financial situation i suppose,i can apreciate if you are still paying the finance off every month that a repair job like this can be crippling

Sorry for the long awaited reply. I tried to get it fixed using this company: http://reconditionedengines.co/

They F’d the job up so badly the car didn’t pass an MOT! I’m now a further 3k out of pocket - what’s that saying, buy cheap buy twice. I wouldn’t recommend these f*ckers to anyone!!! Seems like I’m not the only person from reading their reviews as they only accept cash or bank transfer so can’t even claim your money back or even get a response from them as they ignore you completely! solicitor route will cost me as much if not more! I’m very begrudgingly having to take it at a lose.

So it’s got an engine which is supposed to be reconditioned but it’s not! It’s got cylinders 2 & 3 misfiring, an o2 sensor problem (minor), engine is now making a funny noise and is leaking a lot of oil. I’m wanna get rid now so will have to sell it’s at a lose in the condition it is in.
Good project for someone who has the time and money. Before all this it was a decent motor and we never had any trouble with for 4+ years. In good condition too.
Looking for £8000 ONO.
It’s a 2011 Red - Adidas Limited edition with a little over 60,000 on the mileage.

Offline roblyt

• Not said much yet
that sucks mate  :sad:
pretty much the same situation i was in this time last year
i decided to put mine away for about 8 months,think about it, then got it rebuilt
i had just finished paying the finance off on mine though so decided i would keep it and put some money into the engine rather than getting another car which i was gonna do before it went
it all depends on your financial situation i suppose,i can apreciate if you are still paying the finance off every month that a repair job like this can be crippling

Sorry for the long awaited reply. I tried to get it fixed using this company: http://reconditionedengines.co/

They F’d the job up so badly the car didn’t pass an MOT! I’m now a further 3k out of pocket - what’s that saying, buy cheap buy twice. I wouldn’t recommend these f*ckers to anyone!!! Seems like I’m not the only person from reading their reviews as they only accept cash or bank transfer so can’t even claim your money back or even get a response from them as they ignore you completely! solicitor route will cost me as much if not more! I’m very begrudgingly having to take it at a lose.

So it’s got an engine which is supposed to be reconditioned but it’s not! It’s got cylinders 2 & 3 misfiring, an o2 sensor problem (minor), engine is now making a funny noise and is leaking a lot of oil. I’m wanna get rid now so will have to sell it’s at a lose in the condition it is in.
Good project for someone who has the time and money. Before all this it was a decent motor and we never had any trouble with for 4+ years. In good condition too.
Looking for £8000 ONO.
It’s a 2011 Red - Adidas Limited edition with a little over 60,000 on the mileage.

is that what they charged you? 3k?
before I decided what route to go with mine I can remember having a discussion with the guy who rebuilt my engine
mentioning that I could get a recon engine fitted for sub 3k
he told me it would be a load of crap for that kind of money

Offline Realbadman

• Just got here
Yea around £3k, but I kinda knew it would bite back in the ass!

Offline roblyt

• Not said much yet
Yea around £3k, but I kinda knew it would bite back in the ass!

they fitted this recon engine for you too I take it?
just swapping the engine out in itself is quite a labour intensive job if its just a bare engine, then on top of that you apparently have a good reconditioned engine all in for for 3k?
they either put a crap engine in or are literally paying monkeys to do the job, or both
but then again seeing as they only take cash payment or bank transfer they obviously don't pay their fair share in tax, so can probably afford do it a little bit cheaper
its a shame that's a rare car too, never even knew such a car existed
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 15:11 by roblyt »