Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 785973 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #50 on: 13 October 2013, 20:16 »
The high beam assist has additional hardware built into the back of the rear view mirror for detecting oncoming cars. So it's not just a VCDS enable I'm afraid.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 13 October 2013, 22:21 »
As dippy said, extra hardware. I have high beam assist and there another camera built into the base of the rear view mirror looking forward through the windscreen.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 13 October 2013, 22:32 »
Norbreck, do you know if voice activation for audio is a hardware add on or just VCDS? It's the optional extra that non Nav Pro users need for spoken commands?
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 14 October 2013, 07:51 »
Not too sure. I'll have a route around over the next couple of days, but as I already have Nav Pro, I won't necessarily see what's normally coded for the standard Discover navigation.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 15 October 2013, 08:34 »
Looks like voice activation is slightly different hardware.

I've also joined the Motor-Talk.de forum, and have asked if anyone has found a way to make the mirrors unfold with the key-fob. They all say that currently, with the current firmware, this has not been possible.  :sad:

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 15 October 2013, 08:59 »
Ah well.  Thanks for looking into it  :smiley:

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #56 on: 16 October 2013, 06:01 »
Folks,
cannot describe how chuffed I am to have found this page  :smiley: :smiley:
..... been searching in Vortex and ukmkivs ..... no luck at all.  :laugh: :laugh:

To contribute my share, I have consolidated what have been discussed. So that anyone like myself looking for MK7 tweaks is able to benefit from the great works you guys have put in!!  (hope you guys don't mind.....  :grin:)

1.   Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Go into [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2.   Password to unlock [09] Central Electronics Menus
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347

3.   Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go into [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4.   Setting Fog Lights as Coming/Leaving Home
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5.   Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6.   Automatic rain closing
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set  to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7.   Alarm beep on lock / unlock
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8.   Gauge sweep
Go into [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9.   Side mirrors fold?? (under investigation)
With regards the mirrors, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -
(24) Access Control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus (mirror folding in remote mode), Need to have a bit of a play around with this one to see if the possibility of unfolding on keyfob press (rather than ignition) exists ?

10.   Change XDS interaction to strong
……. Cannot find the steps… oops! :0)

« Last Edit: 16 October 2013, 06:04 by VW_rabbiter »

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 16 October 2013, 06:28 »
anyone knows the tweak for "comfort turning signal"?
I am looking to have it changed from 3 blinks (default) to 5 ....... thanks.  :smiley:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 16 October 2013, 09:47 »
Thanks to all here, I've enabled a few of these on my GTI.

I like the chirp for lock/unlock... well maybe the double-chirp for unlocking will become annoying after a while but I'll leave it on for now!
I like the front fogs coming on as "leaving home" lights. However I wonder does it defeat the actual purpose of "leaving home lights"? The fogs won't light up your dark driveway as well as the main beams would.... but they do look better!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 16 October 2013, 10:19 »
Folks,
cannot describe how chuffed I am to have found this page  :smiley: :smiley:
..... been searching in Vortex and ukmkivs ..... no luck at all.  :laugh: :laugh:

To contribute my share, I have consolidated what have been discussed. So that anyone like myself looking for MK7 tweaks is able to benefit from the great works you guys have put in!!  (hope you guys don't mind.....  :grin:)

1.   Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Go into [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2.   Password to unlock [09] Central Electronics Menus
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347

3.   Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go into [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4.   Setting Fog Lights as Coming/Leaving Home
Go into Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5.   Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6.   Automatic rain closing
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set  to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7.   Alarm beep on lock / unlock
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8.   Gauge sweep
Go into [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9.   Side mirrors fold?? (under investigation)
With regards the mirrors, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -
(24) Access Control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus (mirror folding in remote mode), Need to have a bit of a play around with this one to see if the possibility of unfolding on keyfob press (rather than ignition) exists ?

10.   Change XDS interaction to strong
……. Cannot find the steps… oops! :0)

I dont know if the codes are the same but the xds settings were changed like this http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25039 on the previous gens
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG