Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2764984 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9540 on: 11 June 2019, 22:32 »
The last bird that shat on my bonnet didn't get a second date.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #9541 on: 11 June 2019, 23:09 »
The last bird that shat on my bonnet didn't get a second date.

Did she leave swirl marks?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9542 on: 12 June 2019, 08:05 »
Well not actually the GTI, but had the wife ring me in tears last night when she got back to her car after work. Her pride and joy (our mint Polo Blue GT in Blue Silk metallic) has been keyed. She said she felt sick  :sick: :sick:  She's absolutely heart broken.

Not just a little bit, on the off side from just behind the headlight right down the wing, through the door and all the way through the rear quarter panel to the rear light - and really deep, down to the metal in places  >:( >:( >:(

It's either bored kids, or as yesterday she couldn't' park in her usual spot, (she parked just round the corner in another street) someone took exception to her parking in "their" spot - even though it's a standard street with no assigned parking for any of the residents. Makes my blood boil and if I ever got hold of the fekker who did this, I'd do them serious damage by keying their face !!!

Just last month bought the car outright from VW finance as well. What is it that drives these brainless morons - and why are they still allowed to breath air !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #9543 on: 12 June 2019, 08:17 »
^^^ Feel for you, bloody scum, makes my blood boil.  My mate used to have to park in streets around the corner from his office in a rough area and his car was keyed three times.  One of the times was definitely the owner of the house he was parked outside and he reckoned the others were too.  We had the same problem where I worked.  It was a posh residential area and although no one got keyed, many had dogs dirt applied to their door handles and other parts.  Police were involved and again it was residents.

Edit.  My wife had a BlueGT in silk blue.  One of the best cars we've owned.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2019, 08:22 by TurboTrev »

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #9544 on: 12 June 2019, 10:15 »
Well not actually the GTI, but had the wife ring me in tears last night when she got back to her car after work. Her pride and joy (our mint Polo Blue GT in Blue Silk metallic) has been keyed. She said she felt sick  :sick: :sick:  She's absolutely heart broken.

Not just a little bit, on the off side from just behind the headlight right down the wing, through the door and all the way through the rear quarter panel to the rear light - and really deep, down to the metal in places  >:( >:( >:(

It's either bored kids, or as yesterday she couldn't' park in her usual spot, (she parked just round the corner in another street) someone took exception to her parking in "their" spot - even though it's a standard street with no assigned parking for any of the residents. Makes my blood boil and if I ever got hold of the fekker who did this, I'd do them serious damage by keying their face !!!

Just last month bought the car outright from VW finance as well. What is it that drives these brainless morons - and why are they still allowed to breath air !

That's awful. I had that done to my last car, just like you describe. Had the whole side replaced IIRC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9545 on: 12 June 2019, 12:57 »
Time for a dashcam with parking mode Andrew. You can't have anything these days.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #9546 on: 14 June 2019, 15:08 »
Part 1 of my CS to CSS conversion complete. Set of Michelin Sport Cup 2 tyres (18”) added to my Clubsport. Only driven 5 miles in the dry but initial subjective feel is positive with improved steering feel. Was toying with a Pretoria upgrade but standard wheels still look great and 2 KGs lighter per corner.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9547 on: 14 June 2019, 16:25 »
Part 1 of my CS to CSS conversion complete. Set of Michelin Sport Cup 2 tyres (18”) added to my Clubsport. Only driven 5 miles in the dry but initial subjective feel is positive with improved steering feel. Was toying with a Pretoria upgrade but standard wheels still look great and 2 KGs lighter per corner.
You should start a build thread with photos (assuming you haven’t elsewhere)
This will be a fascinating project.

Sickening.
I’ve had three cars keyed over the years and can relate to the feelings of wanting great harm to befall the perpetrators.
My sympathies sootchucker.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #9548 on: 14 June 2019, 17:40 »

Disgusted. Know exactly how you feel. There’s no excuse for it. My friend had her brand new T-Rocc keyed on both sides down all the way from the headlights to the tail lights. Even the plastic wheel arch trims had to be replaced. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9549 on: 15 June 2019, 00:30 »
Drove mine oop north on holiday, about 250 miles. Considering I was off nights this morning and had very little sleep it was comfortable and relaxing. Lots of heavy traffic on the M25 (30 mins to cover 6 miles) and it was busy on the M42, a long 50 section on the M6 with a steady 80+ where possible yet 42mpg. The last few miles was on a small A road where the car was great fun :smiley: Amazing cars these MK7s! I was so pleased to have arrived in time to get a few pints in the local pub :smiley: We are in West Yorkshire, lovely.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.