Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739951 times)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8580 on: 13 June 2018, 17:02 »
I've just fitted Creation Motorsport 5mm spacers to the front.

Looks great !! Made a big difference. I'm happy with the spacing now, I think 11m rear and 5mm front is perfect.

(with ET50 wheels that is).

Thing is, I can't stop thinking about Clubsport Spoiler, wish I could get this idea out of my head :)
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8581 on: 13 June 2018, 17:43 »
Get some tyre dressing on them tyres :wink:

That remark cut deep so after a one to one with my therapist I decided to be positive and get my wallet out! Only a cheap spray from Halfords but it was quick and easy with decent results:

Whilst there I also picked up a touch up kit to tidy the scrape I discovered recently on my front bumper, only £9, if it is okay then I'll try and tidy up the dozens of stone chips.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8582 on: 13 June 2018, 18:02 »

That remark cut deep so after a one to one with my therapist I decided to be positive and get my wallet out! Only a cheap spray from Halfords but it was quick and easy with decent results:

Whilst there I also picked up a touch up kit to tidy the scrape I discovered recently on my front bumper, only £9, if it is okay then I'll try and tidy up the dozens of stone chips.
Well worth they effort, they look fantastic :cool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #8583 on: 13 June 2018, 18:08 »
De wipered the rear, and fitted Remus non res.

Is that the Remus non res cat back and not the Remus rear box delete? How are you finding it? I don’t suppose you could post a video?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8584 on: 13 June 2018, 18:14 »

Well worth they effort, they look fantastic :cool:

Takk :smiley: Just a £4.50 can of Car Plan Tyre Slik but I'm pleased with it. My usual tyre dressing makes a bit of a mess in application so although pleased with the finish I do want to try something more khak-handed user friendly :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ian_C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8585 on: 13 June 2018, 21:43 »
Got ready for LeMans  :smiley:

Anyone else going?

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8586 on: 14 June 2018, 18:45 »
De wipered the rear, and fitted Remus non res.

Is that the Remus non res cat back and not the Remus rear box delete? How are you finding it? I don’t suppose you could post a video?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes it's the Remus non res cat back,
Are you on Instagram? Pm me.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8587 on: 14 June 2018, 22:26 »
Did my first proper brim to brim fill up since getting the car. 381 Miles covered which took 45.5 litres of Tesco’s finest momentum to brim. Computer was showing an average of 38.5 and calculated at exactly 38mpg dead. To be fair I was taking this tank fairly easy as I’m still running it in.

So at only 600 odd Miles on the clock, I’ve discovered that the GTI’s fuel computer is as accurate as the one in my GTD (i.e. very accurate), and that I’m not actually giving up as big an amount on range and mpg compared to the GTD as I thought I would (I’d typically fill the GTD up around the 420-430 mile range on my usual weekly commute with a fuelly average for the GTD of around 46mpg.)

Think this tank I’ll open her up more so don’t expect to see that on the next tank. Gave it a bit of a hoof on the way back from the petrol station for the first time properly and got some lovely DSG exhaust farts - very addictive !
« Last Edit: 14 June 2018, 22:29 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8588 on: 14 June 2018, 23:30 »
I've just burn my first tank of fuel in my new Baby. Very similar figures to Soothicker, but I've only covered 380 miles so far.
Oming from a diesel, I have to say I'm very impressed with that for a 245 ps petrol engine. Obviously I won't always get this though.... :evil: :grin: :cool:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8589 on: 15 June 2018, 09:03 »
My first couple of tanks have been wellllll below 30mpg!

I've not been full throttle or past 4.5k rpm... but there are some cracking roads around where I work, and what else are lunchbreaks for?