Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 1217033 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8590 on: 14 June 2018, 22:26 »
Did my first proper brim to brim fill up since getting the car. 381 Miles covered which took 45.5 litres of Tesco’s finest momentum to brim. Computer was showing an average of 38.5 and calculated at exactly 38mpg dead. To be fair I was taking this tank fairly easy as I’m still running it in.

So at only 600 odd Miles on the clock, I’ve discovered that the GTI’s fuel computer is as accurate as the one in my GTD (i.e. very accurate), and that I’m not actually giving up as big an amount on range and mpg compared to the GTD as I thought I would (I’d typically fill the GTD up around the 420-430 mile range on my usual weekly commute with a fuelly average for the GTD of around 46mpg.)

Think this tank I’ll open her up more so don’t expect to see that on the next tank. Gave it a bit of a hoof on the way back from the petrol station for the first time properly and got some lovely DSG exhaust farts - very addictive !
« Last Edit: 14 June 2018, 22:29 by Sootchucker »
Gone ...2016 GTD 5 Door DSG,

Now- GTI 230ps 5 door, Indium Grey - 19" Bresica alloys, art velour interior, Dynaudio, DCC, keyless, wireless charging, adaptive headlights, Lane assist, side assist, rear assist, dynamic traffic sign display

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8591 on: 14 June 2018, 23:30 »
I've just burn my first tank of fuel in my new Baby. Very similar figures to Soothicker, but I've only covered 380 miles so far.
Oming from a diesel, I have to say I'm very impressed with that for a 245 ps petrol engine. Obviously I won't always get this though.... :evil: :grin: :cool:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS.

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8592 on: 15 June 2018, 09:03 »
My first couple of tanks have been wellllll below 30mpg!

I've not been full throttle or past 4.5k rpm... but there are some cracking roads around where I work, and what else are lunchbreaks for?

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8593 on: 15 June 2018, 10:55 »
Mine is showing 27mpg  ave for 260 Miles with about 50 left on the range.

My daily commute is 6 Miles and can be stuck in traffic a lot. Pretty much same as my previous 230 GTI.

That said, I’ve given a blip or 2.
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver
GONE - 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8594 on: 15 June 2018, 12:36 »
Interesting to see people's approaches to running in! I have not been gentle... but I also haven't ragged him either. Set myself some limits and stuck to them. Hopefully he's not been too strained!

One place where I definitely haven't been gentle is in the corners... and oh my the electronic diff is glorious!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8595 on: 15 June 2018, 13:59 »
Interesting to see people's approaches to running in! I have not been gentle... but I also haven't ragged him either. Set myself some limits and stuck to them. Hopefully he's not been too strained!

One place where I definitely haven't been gentle is in the corners... and oh my the electronic diff is glorious!

Always lots of debate about the do’s and don’t’s of running in on forums. After the first 100 miles or so from new when the tyres and brakes need to be run in / bedded in (no hard braking or harsh cornering or wheel spinning - not that I would wheel spin deliberately), I tend to just drive mine normally. IMO the important considerations during the first 1,000 miles are ;

- not to over-rev or labour the engine in any gear
- use the gears freely to vary the engine speed
- always ensure the engine oil is up to temperature before driving enthusiastically; not just during the first 1,000 miles, but always. 
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 16:19 by SRGTD »
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline Duke Dickson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8596 on: 16 June 2018, 01:26 »
Mine is showing 27mpg  ave for 260 Miles with about 50 left on the range.

My daily commute is 6 Miles and can be stuck in traffic a lot. Pretty much same as my previous 230 GTI.

That said, I’ve given a blip or 2.

All of that plus about 10 or 15 miles of m-way, each way on top and getting 35-37 as a consistent average, manual as well.

No doubt the motorway and sometimes 50 limit helps, as does additional distance, but how you approach the drudgery and even the opportunities makes a difference as well IMHO  :smiley:.

Offline dereks

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8597 on: 16 June 2018, 13:52 »
Came out to a flat tyre this morning.

Other side has quite a bit of cracking so 2 new tyres fitted managed to get a decent price with a code for fitting through national tyres Dunlop Sportmaxx for £163.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8598 on: 16 June 2018, 17:42 »
Spot the discreet change ???

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Current: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline mcmaddy

• I live here
« Reply #8599 on: 16 June 2018, 17:47 »
Carbon fibre thing in middle of steering wheel?
Gti PP, Tungsten, Tech & Parking packs, HBA