Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2782430 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4910 on: 13 July 2016, 22:50 »
Bought this as I somehow managed to lose my other cover but don't ask me how. One moment it was there and next it was gone!

Ooh you've just reminded me I was going to get one of these ages ago to replace the black one, but forgot about it.  Where did you get it from dave?

Go and have a look round the cars in your local Audi main dealer and you may just happen to come across one!   :whistle:

LOl. I just couldn't do it!

I know they are Audi but anyone got a part number?
[/quote

Here you go.....again  :whistle:
Audi 12V Power Source Socket Dummy Cover Aluminium Finish: 4H0 919 311
I paid £4.64 Nov 2013
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4911 on: 13 July 2016, 23:23 »

Here you go.....again  :whistle:
Audi 12V Power Source Socket Dummy Cover Aluminium Finish: 4H0 919 311
I paid £4.64 Nov 2013

I knew you'd come to the rescue.  :smiley:  I did save your original post somewhere!!!

Thanks JB, much appreciated. :afro:

.....and bookmarked.  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4912 on: 14 July 2016, 08:51 »
More like what it did to me...

Boot lid was not as far open as I thought it was when I went to get my bag out at work this morning. Bashed my head off the pointy bit at the bottom edge of the window. It was bleeding for quite a bit, but the first aider has looked at it and its stopped now so no need to go to A&E thankfully.

Feel like a bit of an idiot more than anything else  :embarrassed:

Thought you might all need a good laugh this morning anyway!  :whistle:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4913 on: 14 July 2016, 11:02 »
Ooh you've just reminded me I was going to get one of these ages ago to replace the black one, but forgot about it.  Where did you get it from dave?

See JB has beaten me to it in resposne, lol.

Yupp, got it from a local audi dealer parts and cost £4.45, part number as per JB.

Never even crossed my mind to sit in one of their cars to see if I come across one  :laugh:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4914 on: 14 July 2016, 14:09 »

Boot lid was not as far open as I thought it was when I went to get my bag out at work this morning. Bashed my head off the pointy bit at the bottom edge of the window. It was bleeding for quite a bit, but the first aider has looked at it and its stopped now so no need to go to A&E thankfully.

Well I did need a good laugh this morning but not at the expensive of your head.  Ouch Dave!  That sounds painful.  Lucky you managed to avoid a trip to A&E. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4915 on: 14 July 2016, 14:12 »

See JB has beaten me to it in resposne, lol.

Yupp, got it from a local audi dealer parts and cost £4.45, part number as per JB.

Never even crossed my mind to sit in one of their cars to see if I come across one  :laugh:

Thanks for the info Dave.  Yeah, JB was quick off the mark.  A call to local Audi dealership is in order I think. Best not go in there, the temptation to pocket one of the little 12v covers might be too much to resist and set me on a life of petty crime.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4916 on: 14 July 2016, 14:23 »

Well I did need a good laugh this morning but not at the expensive of your head.  Ouch Dave!  That sounds painful.  Lucky you managed to avoid a trip to A&E.

I think you've missed the point there (no pun intended), Dave gets fixed for free if needed, is the car okay!??
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4917 on: 14 July 2016, 14:43 »

I think you've missed the point there (no pun intended), Dave gets fixed for free if needed, is the car okay!??

Yes Watts I agree, its important to have our priorities correct! I'm happy to report the car is fine - not even any blood on it, although it may be difficult to see on the red paintwork. :laugh: One of my wo-wo red MFs did get covered though as it was the closest thing to try and wipe it off at the time - am sure it will wash out ok.

Not feeling any after effects so far, so I must be ok. However, I will be giving that area of the boot lid a particularly wide berth from now on!  :whistle:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4918 on: 14 July 2016, 15:32 »

As flesh is softer than steel I made the not difficult assumption that the car had come out on top of this little altercation.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2016, 15:34 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4919 on: 14 July 2016, 16:21 »
Postie delivered a nice surprise today and as it was such a nice day I decided to install it.

Installation was a breeze. Actually took me longer to polish the exhaust tips as they had not been done in a long time.

I really like to look but now I am going to have to get the side skirts and front lower corner spoilers painted gloss black to match as they look terrible in comparison  :whistle:

The only bummer today is that I found out that the front spoiler of the car is too low for my wheel ramps  :cry:

7GTI PP DSG - no longer