Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2781546 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3890 on: 28 February 2016, 00:14 »
Cleaned my car and removed my stuff from the boot for its week long trip into the dealers as I have a slight leak in the boot!!!!

There must be about an inch of water in there and it was only by chance I spotted it.

I'm sure someone else on here had a similar issue and it was the tailgate hinges. If I remember rightly the paint had broken and the dealer was claiming the owner had done that?? Was that issue letting in water?

It could be related to my other post "grommet has perished" but I doubt it would cause that amount of water.

What is strange though is I can't find anything else wet apart from the floor. So have got no idea how the water is getting in.  :sad:

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3891 on: 28 February 2016, 00:22 »
Got my new Lockwood R sill plates. They come as an 8 piece set with both upper and lower plates but I only needed the uppers as already got the lowers on as part of my original plain set (lowers don't have the R logo).

Just got to remove the plain uppers now and replace with these. That's going to be a job and half.  They've been stuck down for 3 months, hoping I can get them to relinquish their grip with a combination of heating (hairdryer) and some dental floss.

As yet they only do them for the 5dr but have been asking to the company recently and they said they will endeavour to get 3dr ones into production. 

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/sill-protectors/volkswagen/golf/mk7/r.html

New R logo ones.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #3892 on: 28 February 2016, 11:33 »
decent!! get some pics up when there on  :smiley:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #3893 on: 28 February 2016, 11:57 »
With the new plates being released on Tuesday I thought I'd try and make mine look new again! Not the best picture as it's only a phone one but you get the idea.

Ordered some new wipers for it too, so when they arrive it'll get treated to them.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #3894 on: 28 February 2016, 12:12 »
Looks great Kyle :grin:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3895 on: 28 February 2016, 13:23 »
I let my wife loose on the R today, she drove about 7 miles to do some groceries and was sh!tting herself the whole time (she's only been driving since the end of October and if we're both out she usually insists on me driving either the R or the A1 1.6TDI). I was trying to press the imaginary brake pedals a few time while sat in the passenger side.  :embarrassed:

She'd had her small dose of driving the R and decided it was enough for the day, so I took over for the drive home and then drove like an arse from a set of lights to stop a Caterham 1.8 try to undertake me and cut me up. It got 1/2 a car's length on me in 1st and then the R reeled it right back in and it didn't then have the room to undertake. Cue lots of tutting from the wife.  :rolleyes:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline jockonabike

• Just got here
« Reply #3896 on: 28 February 2016, 13:32 »
I decided to remove some of the winter grime while the sun's out. Black is a lovely colour but by god it's not easy to keep it looking this good..

Untitled by Graeme Matheson, on Flickr

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3897 on: 28 February 2016, 14:43 »
With the new plates being released on Tuesday I thought I'd try and make mine look new again! Not the best picture as it's only a phone one but you get the idea.

Ordered some new wipers for it too, so when they arrive it'll get treated to them.

Car is looking just superb Kyle.  :cool:

Bosch Aerotwins I presume.  One of the best presents you can give to your car.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 28 February 2016, 14:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3898 on: 28 February 2016, 14:45 »
I decided to remove some of the winter grime while the sun's out. Black is a lovely colour but by god it's not easy to keep it looking this good..

Another gorgeous shiny Deep Black a Pearl.  Worth the hrpeartache and pain why they scrub up (not literally, lol)like this.  Great job.  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #3899 on: 28 February 2016, 14:58 »
You presume correct Booth. Aerotwins indeed. Thanks for the positive comments, yours is looking good too Graeme