Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316515 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #460 on: 16 May 2013, 10:32 »
I think its clear that VW won't be building any GTD's until the first batch of GTI's are done & dusted.  Sucks for GTD buyers, particularly those who ordered March/April.  Clearly, VW were happy to open the books for orders but not so clear about realistic delivery dates - stinks a bit really.  It's the same for the GTI (to a lesser extent) as most who ordered straight away were told BW22 and its looking like BW26 at the earliest - I know its a month, but still....
You are probably right, but there is one other possibility.  With the ordering delays the GTI may have been effected but the GTD not (or less so) as it was always going to be later anyway.  If they can build at the same time then that may mean there is no (or less) delay to GTD.  They might end up being processed at about the same time.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #461 on: 16 May 2013, 10:39 »
Sorry, should have clarified - I don't believe there will be any (major) delays to the GTD - I just don't think they will be built until July earliest, for an August delivery - which is not what some of you chaps were told.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Stocks23

• Just got here
« Reply #462 on: 16 May 2013, 11:00 »
Thanks for the all the responses guys  :smiley:. It seems all prospective GTD owners are in the same boat and facing the 16 week wait. If I'm honest a 2 week wait would've been too long so no matter what I was going to be impatient. On a positive note I really am impressed with the MK7 GTD and the spec of the new GTD really did surprise me. If you look at its competitors I would say it is industry leading with the items included as standard. I only went for the luxury mat set as additional. Would be interested to hear what other people went for?

If anyone is having trouble getting their proposed build date like I was I would recommend either contacting Volkswagen UK on twitter or emailing them at twitter@volkswagen.co.uk with your order number. This is how I got my proposed build date.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #463 on: 16 May 2013, 11:09 »
I think the trouble is that (most) of us, myself included, are champing at the bit to get their new toy - so any delays are a killer!  Thing is, once we all get it you'll think 'that was soooo worth the wait!!'
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #464 on: 16 May 2013, 11:21 »
Thanks for the all the responses guys  :smiley:. It seems all prospective GTD owners are in the same boat and facing the 16 week wait. If I'm honest a 2 week wait would've been too long so no matter what I was going to be impatient. On a positive note I really am impressed with the MK7 GTD and the spec of the new GTD really did surprise me. If you look at its competitors I would say it is industry leading with the items included as standard. I only went for the luxury mat set as additional. Would be interested to hear what other people went for?

Yup, any wait is a killer, so I'm just resigned to playing the pessimist for now!

I went for the GTI, as I fail to see the benefits of buying such an expensive brand new diesel if ongoing costs are a concern.  Plus, a GTD just isn't a GTI ;) I got the luxury mats too, but thrown in free. Separately I added Adaptive Chasis Control, Winter Pack, Keyless Entry, Discovery Nav, Reverse Camera and Heated Windscreen (plus mandatory Premium Phone Prep).

All things I don't have in my current Mk5, but have used and experienced in other cars.  As a keeper, I wanted the spec to be perfect, and this is as close as it gets for me as an overall package.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #465 on: 16 May 2013, 12:15 »
Mats come free anyway. I don't know how all these build dates keep flying around on here. I've just spoken to VW and they say no build dates will be confirmed until wk22 which is w/c 27th May. Also said that gtd's won't be arriving after gti's in august. They are both on sale from June, with no priority over basic vanilla orders or specced to the hilt. If this is true (chap seemed to know what he was talking about) then great.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #466 on: 16 May 2013, 12:21 »
Standard mats come free, luxury ones don't.  As for the build dates, I get the same from my dealer - nothing will be known until week 22, which as you say is w/c 27th May.  I have a note in my calendar to call that day to make sure the spec. is final and includes the Heated Screen that couldn't be added previously as it wasn't on the system even after the new price changes and brochure.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #467 on: 16 May 2013, 12:33 »
Luxury mats or standard - they all wear away around the floor where you're operating pedals. I'll be whipping my front ones straight out and getting some rubber mats in there, they keep the car far tidier - good for the wet and have a generous lip that keeps the grit and dirt tracked in off your shoes in one place for easy removal. Do the standard mats have GTI or GTD logos on them seeing as only the GT, GTI and GTD have free carpet mats? Do the luxury ones (if the standard ones don't)? From past Golf/Roc luxury isn't much better than standard.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #468 on: 16 May 2013, 12:38 »
I've just spoken to VW and they say no build dates will be confirmed until wk22 which is w/c 27th May. Also said that gtd's won't be arriving after gti's in august. They are both on sale from June, with no priority over basic vanilla orders or specced to the hilt. If this is true (chap seemed to know what he was talking about) then great.

I was told exactly the same thing by my dealer weeks ago - that we won't get any confirmed build weeks until w/c 27 May - 3 June (so BW 22-23). So what McMaddy says rings true.

Still a horrible wait though :cry:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Stocks23

• Just got here
« Reply #469 on: 16 May 2013, 12:41 »
Mats come free anyway. I don't know how all these build dates keep flying around on here. I've just spoken to VW and they say no build dates will be confirmed until wk22 which is w/c 27th May. Also said that gtd's won't be arriving after gti's in august. They are both on sale from June, with no priority over basic vanilla orders or specced to the hilt. If this is true (chap seemed to know what he was talking about) then great.

All build dates mcmaddy are proposed and not confirmed. However these are more than likely to be pretty close to the confirmed dates. Good to hear that VW are saying no prioirty is being given between the GTI and GTD however the fact VW have promoted only the GTI in the press says otherwise.

In regards to mats il be honest I have no idea what is different between the luxury and standard matts. I do know however that the dealer I was ordering my GTD through was desperate to get a deal done (last day of month) and so I tried to squeeze everything out him I could  :tongue:.