Ok its been quite a while since I last updated.
Done a few things in the last 5 months,
First off engine bay clean up.
MOT was due so had to do quite a few things.
First off was brakes. The chump that was the previous owner painted the calipers, slider pin boots, bleed nipples, pads, splash guard, hoses etc etc etc...... Proper bodge and a shameful job.
The grinder came out to clean the pad back up as they were very good pads and it'd be a shame to bin em. I then wire brushed and chipped off all the paint that was where it shouldn't be on the metalwork, replaced all slider pin boots, replaced a bulging hose and a handbrake cable.
(Paint still on bleed nipple on this pic).
I also had to replace the ABS control module as well as the light unit itself, remove the cheap tacky HID kit.
Replace a headlight due to the adjuster mech being snapped. I put a set of Speedlines on temporarily as they had passable tyres, replace the stat, put a GB mounting bolt on as it was non existent! (No wonder I had sloppy gear changes! Did a compression test to make sure the lump was in good order. (All within tolerances without being excellent although it was a cold engine). New rocker gasket and sump gasket - at which point I noticed the oil pump pickup was cracked from it being dickhead low! Needed a new sump as well as it had previously been welded, right where the plug is. Plug was then put in over the top of a weld that wasn't ground down, and stripped the thread. Knobber!
^ ABS control module water damage.
I then replaced the aux belt tensioner pulley bearing as it was seriously fubar'd, and loud as hell!
A couple of bulbs and that was it!
MOT passed, and time to enjoy.
I was getting fed up with the big lacquer peel areas on the bonnet, and the scuffs on the bumpers. I'm planning on a DIY respray in Spring so just wanted to make it look a little more presentable.
Was a rattle can job so its not perfect, and the colour isn't a perfect match either. Its not all that noticeable though so unless its pointed out, you wouldn't be any the wiser. Very pleased with the finish though.
New peddle covers and parcel shelf straps - its the little things that make a difference!
Then a trip to the Corrado 25th Anniversary National Day at Castle Combe.
Included a couple of decent speed parade laps which were really good fun, and I'll definitely be doing a full trackday in the not too distant future as a result!
Since then I've been trying to sort out aesthetics. Side bump strips have come off, as the swage line actually hits anything before they do! and it looks a lot cleaner and more streamlined anyway I think.
Yes that is my 5 year old daughters Tinkerbell Hair dryer, and an old Gala Bingo card!
Badged grille to replace the badgeless affair I didn't care much for.
New rimmage. Wanted a set of LM reps but finding a set in 17" is particularly hard, and the fact a new set would cost more than I paid for the car just wasn't going to happen. Got these instead which I really like though. - BBS RX228's 17x7.5
And lastly I'm in the middle of sorting the interior. I managed to get a standard cloth interior free locally, so butchered the passenger seat for the bolster foam to replace mine. The leather covers are in with the re-trimmers as we speak for repair, and I'll be re-colouring the lot with the furniture clinic kit I've now got. Also got a set of new B pillars as the old ones have nice big holes in them to fit a set of chav speakers that were ripped out when I got the car. And also bought a replacement steering wheel.
Thats it for now, will update again when interior is all back in place and recoloured.