Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626778 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #320 on: 23 April 2013, 16:08 »
200 mile of north york moors best roads. :evil:

probably the best time i've had in my GTI.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #321 on: 23 April 2013, 18:06 »
just ordered 3 of the formula wheel trees from FK as seem to have a spair set of wheels for each car  :whistle:

worth noting FK are doing wheel bags for £9.85 a set plus delivery and these look identical to the VW ones without the badges  :happy2:

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Rims-Tires/Wheel-Stand-Tree/Reifentaschen-Set-4-teilig-14-19-Zoll-bis-Reifenbreite-245mm-schwarz-blau.html

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #322 on: 23 April 2013, 18:35 »
I tried the snow foamon mine at the weekend... Couldn't get it right, too watery, didn't stick much, made almost no difference once I pressure washed it off. Won't give up though, and was good to give the car a good clean. Really needs a good going over with the DA polisher.

Can be tricky finding the right balance between the lance nozzle setting and the flow rate knob, to get shaving foam consistency,  but worth persevering.   
Don't know what type of jet washer you have, but if it's a Karcher get one of these lances http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ultimate-snow-foam/karcher-k-series-ultimate-snow-foam-lance-new-and-improved.aspx After going to link scroll down page a bit to see better pictures of lance. No flow rate knob to mess with, you just twist the nozzle to change the mix and you can have the spray pattern horizontal or vertical by twisting the outlet nozzle. Very easy to use and has revolutionised my approach to car cleaning.  :laugh:

Ta for the tip RickS  :smiley:

I myself don't have any problems with snow foaming but that lance looks very good, so maybe next time I'm in the market for a new one.   Don't need any encouragement to spend on detailing stuff, spend way too much already  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 23 April 2013, 18:37 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 23 April 2013, 19:56 »
200 mile of north york moors best roads. :evil:

probably the best time i've had in my GTI.

Positive feedback about your GTi  :shocked:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #324 on: 23 April 2013, 21:32 »
Well I sort of didn't do it, but a new windscreen is on order with Auto Glass, told me it wouldn't be a genuine VW one either and to top it off today is warranty expiry day.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline mark@vorny.co.uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #325 on: 24 April 2013, 20:28 »
Just a note  for you snow foamers..

I had an Autobrite lance, used it every week for a couple of years on 3 cars and it lost its ability to foam recently.

I was ready to chuck and replace, then somebody pointed me towards a link on a well known detailing forum which gave step by step servicing details. It appears the filters in them can get congealed, a soak in petrol cleared it a treat and it's back to perfect working order  :smiley:

Sorry if this is a thread hijack, I hang my head in shame ready to be flamed.... :grin:

2012 GTi 3 door, DSG, Nav, Roof, Monza's. Candy White..... and it's the wife's.
2013 Abarth 595, 2013 911 C4S.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #326 on: 24 April 2013, 21:05 »
i soak mine in boiling water and all the old soap clears.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #327 on: 24 April 2013, 21:14 »
i soak mine in boiling water and all the old soap clears.

+ 1
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #328 on: 25 April 2013, 04:28 »
Got a flat £185 front tyre.
Grrrrrrrrr
Grrrrrrrr
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #329 on: 25 April 2013, 14:31 »
Cleaned the inside of the front windscreen again,,
Its always had a fog slime type coating that keeps coming back  :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.