Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 387352 times)

Offline mrjp

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2980 on: 28 October 2019, 13:16 »
Useful advice. Think mine will be the same to get off. Discs have been on nearly 10 years but still OK at the moment. I think that drying the brakes out by a short run after cleaning the car has helped keep them in good nick and no stones to create grooves in the discs.

Mine were about 6 years old, and still technically ok, but the rear discs were a bit scored and getting pretty rusty, and the pads were getting close to the wear marker. Replaced the whole shebang and nearly headbutted the steering wheel the first time I braked at the traffic lights.

Offline joe6

• Here all the time
« Reply #2981 on: 28 October 2019, 17:01 »
Brake refurb worked well then. :laugh:
Carbon Grey, 2010 a few VCDS mods. White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • 28+ years of GTI ownership.
« Reply #2982 on: 29 October 2019, 09:49 »
 :grin:
Mk1 GTI, Mk6 GTI, Mk1 Leon & 3 non VW.

Offline columbiano

• Just got here
« Reply #2983 on: 14 November 2019, 09:20 »
I definitely need to get a dash cam installed. Been looking all over for a recommendation. I have browsed a few on various website, but the prices are overwhelming. Especially got my eyes on this one https://dashcamcar.com/the-goluk-t1-mini-car-dash-cam-wi-fi-hd-review/ , with a $200 price tag on amazon. I need something less than $100. What products or model do you have installed?
« Last Edit: 15 November 2019, 03:11 by columbiano »

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2984 on: 14 December 2019, 16:07 »
Service and MOT - no issues apart from a new rear reversing camera. Took the opportunity to finally take get a stage 1 upgrade. I haven't completed many miles yet but... it feels incredibly fast now, the K04 / EA113 has been freed from the restriction that was holding it back. I no doubt expect it to be difficult using too much power in 1st but that wasn't my objective. It was more for 3rd 4th etc gear pull, so far that expectation has been clearly fulfilled much more than i could off imagined. Also had a DSG remap at the same time to make everything work like OEM. No issues with either engine or DSG they are both incredibly smooth working together. Had the auto change deleted when in manual mode. Only other thing recommended was a VWR air filter. Advised to run it on 98+ RON fuel to get the most out of it, which is a standard anyway. Looking forward to some more long distance work on some open A roads.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1