Author Topic: Mk4 caliper threaded! Arg!  (Read 898 times)

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
Mk4 caliper threaded! Arg!
« on: 06 September 2011, 18:45 »
 Just wondering if anyone knew of somewhere in Norfolk that I could get my caliper rethreaded? I have been putting mk4 calipers on my mk2 and managed to crossthread where the conversion hoses mate with the caliper making it leak! Nightmare!

Failing that, if anyone had a passenger side mk4 rear caliper I would gladly put some money their way

Thanks in advance
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: Mk4 caliper threaded! Arg!
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2011, 22:13 »
should have a copper O ring at the banjo end.

Cant understand how people manage to crossthread stuff. Get down to your local engineer :grin:
:)

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2011, 22:17 »
whereabouts near norwich you based man?

not many mk2s about this area :(

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2011, 22:42 »
The kit came with 2 copper o rings per side. Not sure how I did it, just started tightening it up and it was still leaking. Tried to make sure the surfaces were all flat and everything but no good.

I live in Dereham at the mo but moving back to Norwich soon. Where abouts are you? :)
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2011, 22:52 »
I live in Dereham at the mo but moving back to Norwich soon. Where abouts are you? :)

ah nice one, i'm from near wymondham mate :)