Author Topic: how to fit boost guage  (Read 9777 times)

Offline cullygti

• I live here
how to fit boost guage
« on: 30 January 2011, 19:41 »
right then heres a little bit of my input back into the site for some of the help iv had myself off here for those who are not sure on how to fit a boost guage
first off you will need a boost guage ,boost guage pod ,and some 3mm silicone hose if its not supplied with your guage and a no buzz t-piece

open your bonnet and to your right hand side you will see a bunch of cables taped together about 10inchs down going into a rubber gromet and going into the cockpit area and coming out behind your glove box you do not need to remove this by the way this is where i fed my hose through where you do yours is your choice but i found this to be the easiest way

now tape your hose to a leght of wire or metal coat hanger ready for when you feed it into your cockpit

wehen you have fed it through to your cockpit it will come out behind your glove box so a little bit of kneeling down a torch helps to and you should find it quite easily

now you have got your hose thrugh to the cockpit you will need to decide where you are goin to run it to i put mine on an a pillar pod there are a few different setups to choose from,i took my fuse cover off on the drivers side of the dash and routed my hose to there

after i had routed the hose i connected them to the back of my guage which iv already fixed into my pod holder and i used a small zip tie to hold the hose on as i didnt want it to come off when i fitted it in place the wires from my guage to power it i ran down from the guage to the fuses at the side of the dash and connected them into the dimming switch was goin to connect to stereo but this is esaiest for now how the wires connect to what colour should be in your manual as not every companies guage will be the same some may have more wires than others

now you have done your hose and connected your wires its time to connect at the engine bay side you will need to connect to the (fpr) or fuel pressure regulator for this you will need to remove your engine cover take your t-piece cut the hose coming from the fpr and connect the 2 ends to your t-piece with the thinner or centre section of t-piece you can connect your hose from your guage to again i used some zip ties to hold everything in place nice and tight

now you have connected to the fpr and the back of your guage switch on engine and check that all is working if so and your happy  fix your guage in place securily again where is upto you as i put mine on a-pillar i drilled a small hole in pod holder and used a small black screw to hold tightly in place please note that you will have to switch your light on in order for this to work thats why im gonna connect to the stereo at a later date

and now you have fitted your boost guage sit back and enjoy
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 19:55 by cullygti »

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: how to fit boost guage
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2011, 19:45 »
You survived the kids party then  :laugh: :laugh:

Added your guide to this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=179970.0

Nice one :afro:

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2011, 19:47 »
yeah was not to bad rhys and fitted this beauty today cheers fella  :smiley:

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2011, 19:49 »
top job lad  :wink:

Offline James Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2011, 19:49 »
Nice one, how long did it take?

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2011, 19:54 »
took about 30 mins and simple job mate

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2011, 21:01 »
looks good :) does the blue match the dials from the mph etc?

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2011, 21:41 »
the guage was off the in laws fo crimbo and you can change the colour of it red blue green etc its off ebay i found that the purple colour was more of the same as the dash on my golf tbh not bad i must say hope this helps you fella

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2011, 21:57 »
mines bright red ill look in to changing it :)

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2011, 22:43 »
the new south guages are supposed to be good but quite pricey mate this is the first one ive ever had let alone fitted so im more than happy it does what it says on the tin lol :grin: :grin: