Author Topic: DONE - please close thread thanks to all suggestions.,  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
have a new golf mk4 1.8t, bought with cracked sump. managed to get all but 2 bolts out. its the ones that are flush with flywheel,   ive tried a UJ extension, quarter drives, cannot get them off! :( think i may have rounded one? is anyone willing to get them out for me and back in again on the new one,  so only 2 bolts in and out and ill give you £60 cash.   its on a pit in a garage, well lit.  ive tried my tools so suggest anyone willing to attempt brings there own tools, i need it for sunday tho so please only attempt if you have done on before.

any life savers out there?  based in nottingham just outside the city centre area in carlton. please let me know urgent thanks  much appreciated./
« Last Edit: 02 October 2010, 18:01 by Mrwebster »
Golf GTI turbo (230hp)  mx5 / eunos roadster 120bhp Reliant rialto modified (49hp)

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
Re: URGENT: £60 cash for somebody to remove these 2 sump bolts,
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2010, 19:24 »
any takers?  name your price  im desperate
Golf GTI turbo (230hp)  mx5 / eunos roadster 120bhp Reliant rialto modified (49hp)

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2010, 19:30 »
is there an allen key head in the middle?, if so use a 5mm ball end allen key in the middle.

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2010, 19:33 »
tried with a allen key on long extension, no luck, whats this ball head allen key?

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2010, 19:36 »
the end is round so it can be used on an angle, also if you turn the engine over by hand and look through the gbox holes there should be a flat spot on the flywheel to help with access to the bolts, hth, adi.

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2010, 19:38 »
ill see if machine mart or halfords have one,   and they flywheels a single mass one, thats whats making it difficult

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2010, 19:49 »
ill try machine mart tomoro,   offers still open if somebody wants to do it tho, thanks for help adi ill let you know if it works

Offline brianpologti

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2010, 20:38 »
If the sump is cracked/trashed cant you break it up a little to get better access to the two bolts. Just watch out for oil pick up

Offline Mrwebster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2010, 20:46 »
yeah  i could but i still wouldnt be able to get in any better i dont think. its the flywheel in the way :( stupid single mass crap lol