Author Topic: XENONS - Q & A retrofitting & functionality  (Read 212217 times)

Offline mike.

• I live here
The extra parts for the Auto-levelling and AFS are

Control Module 5M0 907 357C - These can be bought on German ebay for about £45
Self Leveller for Rear 1K0 941 273L - Got this for £25
Power modules for the lights 7L6 941 329 B - These are hard to find cheap but I managed to track them down for £60 each.
Wiring loom from Kufatec although you could probably make it yourself.

The connections from the control module are

3 wires to the Autoleveller.
2 wires to each light connector.
2 wires to the CAN controller.
1 Switched 12V to the fuse box (I am going to use the fuse which the manual levelling uses at the moment which is the upper right most fuse)
***edit** can't use fuse as it also supplies other things like the MAF so I used position 5 instead and made a new circuit. ***

1 Ground

The control Module fits behind the passenger side panel on the dash.

Unfortunately the Kufatec cable lengths do not mirror this so I will be extending a couple of wires to reach.

I also ordered a Rubber grommet (6N0 906 102) for the Leveller connection to keep the dirt out and some corrugated plastic pipe (N  107 324 01) to feed the cable through from outside.

It all looks reasonably straight forward if I can get the front upper grill section off  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 19 March 2011, 23:02 by mike. »
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Mike:
At some stage it would be welcome, for me at least, if you could kindly compile a detailed list of all the parts, even the most insignificant(!) ones, that would be required for a complete LED DRL Bi-Xenon retro-fit.
So far no one has really provided such a detailed list with prices. It has all been a bit piece-meal so far IMO.
My car is similar to yours and I would be grateful for your expertise in this matter.
You definitely are THE man. Be most grateful for this.
Thanks.
Asker
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Mike:
At some stage it would be welcome, for me at least, if you could kindly compile a detailed list of all the parts, even the most insignificant(!) ones, that would be required for a complete LED DRL Bi-Xenon retro-fit.
So far no one has really provided such a detailed list with prices. It has all been a bit piece-meal so far IMO.
My car is similar to yours and I would be grateful for your expertise in this matter.
You definitely are THE man. Be most grateful for this.
Thanks.
Asker

Don't turn Wolfgang into a chav mobile, those front LEDs do absolutely nothing for the look of the GTI, the Xenons on their own are way cooler.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Amanda, I tend to agree with you. Seen one today at VW and this juror is definitely out for now. Might grow on me like a boil, though I do doubt it. :grin:

Offline mike.

• I live here
I saw a set yesterday at night and think they look superb   :evil:

Still on back order  :cry:

If you order them with the LEDs you always have the option of turning them on or off as they are the same price as the non LED unit  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
If you order them with the LEDs you always have the option of turning them on or off as they are the same price as the non LED unit  :smiley:

Very good point, I've never liked Audi "look at me" lights or any other variety of firy lights so I just can't have them  :wink:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Unfortunately, you can still see that busy LED half-necklace when it is not annoyingly twinkling away. I'd just want to rip it out. :grin:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
After looking at another LED DRL Bi-Xenon, Yes but, no but, yes but .....  :rolleyes:
Anyway, it's all a dream at the moment. :sad:

Offline mike.

• I live here
Nearly all parts in now, I have passenger side light, still waiting on driver side light which is STILL on back order  :rolleyes:

Got the rear self-leveller fitted and the control module mounted, hopefully will have the other light by next weekend.  :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
VW back order is just stupid long i have been waiting for well ive lost count now  :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.