Author Topic: induction kit.........worth it?  (Read 3779 times)

Offline gti jimmy

• Not said much yet
induction kit.........worth it?
« on: 13 May 2010, 22:17 »
hi all, is it worth fitting an induction kit to a remaped gti? and who makes a good one? k & n any good these days?
jimmy

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: induction kit.........worth it?
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2010, 08:34 »
Carbonio and not all that unless remapped n exhaust...make a good noise tho and tidy up the bay...just don't drive through really big puddles

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline marty341

• GTI forum regular
  • To ko4? or to not Ko4? now that is the question.
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2010, 10:22 »
Hello Jimmy.

I Had a carbonio, the car was'nt mapped at the time though, so couldnt really feel much of a difference!

Since having her remapped i installed Nuspeed P-Flow kit, now its nothing drastic, but you can definatly feel more pull mid to high range, makes a lovely induction sound too! subtle roar, without sounding chavy :laugh:

Forge make a Twintake system, heard nothing but good news about this bit of kit! Personly i think you really need to go the full  turbo back complete exhuast system + cai to really benifit in real power gains! :smiley:
Revo Stage 1

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2010, 13:13 »
I've got a FTB Milly stystem with a remap and tbh the benifits are quite minimal and I hardly notice it.

Still the carbon fibre in the engine bay looks nice :D

Offline Davstylee

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2010, 16:02 »
That carbon fibre air filter looks awesome, where did you get it?
Mrk V, GTI, 3dr, DSG, heated seats, winter pack, cruise control, rear parking sensors and now thanks to GizzyWizzy and SteveP in the MK6 section a RCD 510. Awesome!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2010, 16:15 »
I got mine from my local friendly independent VAG garage that I use for service, MOTs etc. But it can be bought direct from them at - http://www.carbonspeed.co.uk/product_cs100.asp

They also do a nice carbon fibre grille (http://www.carbonspeed.co.uk/product_cs.vw.04.asp) which I got myself aswell. You cant beat a bit of CF lol

(Im such a little pic whore today :D)

Offline TrickGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2010, 20:03 »
iv got the forge cold air feed one for mine with the vacuume operated dv, and all i can say is iv not had it mapped yet but the difference is noticeably bigger i couldnt believe it plus it looks nice under the bonet with the chunky chrome pipe. one thing ill say with the cold feed one from forge is it sits really close to the floor on the n/s/f behind the fog light and i dont like driveing in the rain ha. which is silly as i live in england were it rains most the time. also the forge twintake system i thought was a little to pricey but overall the induction kit gets a thumbs up from me  :grin:

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 08:16 »
Is there really no decent cai intakes that take the feed from higher up to avoid the possibility of sucking half of englands rain fall intot the engine?

The VW one already takes a feed from the grille does it not?

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2010, 09:59 »
Is there really no decent cai intakes that take the feed from higher up to avoid the possibility of sucking half of englands rain fall intot the engine?

The VW one already takes a feed from the grille does it not?

Yeah, that carbon one sits in the same place as the stnd one. The logic behind the carbon one being that its bigger which allows it to suck in more than the stnd one and carbon material will improve heat soak (which I think is bolloks tbh). The changes are so minimal that you wont notice it that much. But as Tesco say, every little helps.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2010, 11:01 »
Robin and I think Hurdy have the Forge Twintake which is positioned higher up.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3