Author Topic: One for the experts, air bag warning ligh and fault codes!  (Read 9159 times)

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
Re: One for the experts, air bag warning ligh and fault codes!
« Reply #10 on: 23 October 2009, 20:11 »
did you clear codes on your vag com mate?? if you did see which ones have come back and then go from there.. no point changing stuff that may not need changing  :wink:

As said you cant remove the crash codes with a scanner  :wink:

ooops missed that sorry  :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2009, 21:12 »
I've just had a look and i can't find the airbag fuses location, i took the panel off the side of the dash and checked the numbers etc but some say to check the manual so i looked through the books but still couldn't suss it.

Could someone tell me where they are please?

Offline old_n07

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2009, 13:46 »
Here is a list of all the fuses, but I can't see the airbags mentioned  :undecided:

Neil
Quote from: mikemk4golf
Hey you're a moderator, I want a serious answer not someone who takes the piss!

Grammar is the difference between Helping your Uncle jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.

Not so standard Gt TDi
Cluster Mods FAQ | Miles to Empty Guide

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2009, 21:40 »
Cheers for that old_n07 and yes i agree theres no fuse for the air bags there.

So i'm just going to remove the airbag ecu and send it off, get it wiped, refit it and see what happens.

Just two more questions, how can i tell if the seatbelts need replacing and what part is it that 'goes off' in a crash situation, is it the reel or the buckle??

And whats the best way of getting to the air bag ecu??
« Last Edit: 24 October 2009, 22:33 by tonyg »

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 24 October 2009, 22:34 »

So i'm just going to remove the airbag ecu and send it off, get it wiped, refit it and see what happens.

Just one more question, how can i tell if the seatbelts need replacing and what part is it that 'goes off' in a crash situation, is it the reel or the buckle??

you will know becuase the seat belts will be jammed.. and you wont be able to use them

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2009, 23:40 »

Just one more question, how can i tell if the seatbelts need replacing and what part is it that 'goes off' in a crash situation, is it the reel or the buckle??

you will know becuase the seat belts will be jammed.. and you wont be able to use them

Oh, ok. The seat belts seem to be working fine.

So it's nothing to do with the buckles then? Just that a mate of mine who i was talking to today said that the bukcles have compressed air to them and get forced towards the floor in a crash (as in to pull the belt tight), is this true or is it bollox??

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 25 October 2009, 01:35 »

Oh, ok. The seat belts seem to be working fine.

So it's nothing to do with the buckles then? Just that a mate of mine who i was talking to today said that the bukcles have compressed air to them and get forced towards the floor in a crash (as in to pull the belt tight), is this true or is it bollox??

when in a crash they do tighten up yes for safety.. i got airbag's in my seats so mine completed jammed up had change them completely as could not use them at all  :sad:

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 02 November 2009, 19:55 »
So..........i removed my air bag ecu and sent it off to get the stored crash data wiped, only just got it back today because of royal snail strike (boo) but i've refitted and all seems well so far. Chuffed to bits, thanks for the advice guys!

Offline snap-on

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 03 November 2009, 18:16 »
sounds like the seat belt tensioners have fired and also the airbags too ? have the airbags been replaced etc ? any history of cat d/c etc

you can get the crash history removed from the log by sending unit off for clearing as not possible with a scanner , i have a number if you need it .

Glad you got it sorted and its well worth the money  :smiley: