Author Topic: RCD510  (Read 4534 times)

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
RCD510
« on: 09 July 2009, 18:28 »
Greetings all,
Im really regretting not going for the RCD510 upgrade :sad:
With my car supposedly having a week 30 build, do you think it will be too late to get it added to my car as a factory option?
Im thinking its probaly too late but I thought I would run it past you guys.
Have tried the dealers tonight to ask the question but no answer, will try in the morning.
Thanks in advance.
Simon.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
Re: RCD510
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2009, 18:33 »
You've got until the car goes into production to change your options
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2009, 19:41 »
Greetings all,
Im really regretting not going for the RCD510 upgrade :sad:
With my car supposedly having a week 30 build, do you think it will be too late to get it added to my car as a factory option?
Im thinking its probaly too late but I thought I would run it past you guys.
Have tried the dealers tonight to ask the question but no answer, will try in the morning.
Thanks in advance.
Simon.

No harm in trying, let us know how you get on.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2009, 20:14 »
So how long ago did you order?  I asked my dealer about variations when I ordered (yesterday!) and he said it was flexible until production actually started.  He said a few weeks.

It's always worthwhile asking.  The worst that can happen is that they say no, and you haven't lost anything.  And there's a chance they might say yes.   :smiley:

Rolfe.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2009, 20:31 »
You can get just over £100 for a 310 on ebay and will be able to pick up a 510 for under £500  :wink:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2009, 21:16 »
I've had my car a couple of weeks and didn't get the 510 which I had in my Scirocco.  I wasn't bothered but the blue display just looked cr@p so I just found on ebay a 510 from a MKVI GTI and did a deal with the guy at £350 including part ex'ing my 310.

It arrived today, fitted in 5 mins and even has the reverse camera function if i want to upgrade to that later.

Defo a worthwhile option mate, ask the dealer to get it ordered or swap it for one out of another car when it comes.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2009, 21:59 »
I asked this in another thread, but there wasnt really a conclusive answer...

Does a standard MFD3 work with the mk6?  They look the same - but the mk6 uses the display for the aircon controls etc.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2009, 23:05 »
I asked this in another thread, but there wasnt really a conclusive answer...

Does a standard MFD3 work with the mk6?  They look the same - but the mk6 uses the display for the aircon controls etc.

Dunno mate but this one has a big hold for the camera lead to plug into.  Air con controls come up on the display, they didn't on the Scirocco 510.

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2009, 18:53 »
Have finally got a result!!!
Dealer told me that I had missed the deadline for having it fitted as a factory option, he then said he could supply me with one fitted at the dealers for £830 (Bargain!!, NOT).
So I decided to go down the route of spitting my dummy out, I said could he look into me cancelling my order, then I would immediatly re-order the same spec with the 510 upgrade, I said I didnt mind going to the back of the queue as far as to waiting for the car to be delivered (he doesnt know Im actually counting the hours and the wait is killing me).
He has now rung me back and said to to save all the messing about he will fit a new 510 from another new car into mine for the same price as the factory upgrade.

Cheers from

A happy 2009 GTI, 3 door, Metallic back, 18" shadow alloys, AND RCD510 soon to be owner. :laugh:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2009, 19:01 »
Lol - nice one!!
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!