Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R  (Read 20924 times)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Re: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R
« Reply #60 on: 03 March 2009, 20:38 »
The build quality/plastics are a lot better in the Golf, but I'd say the Honda is probably a lot more reliable! :lipsrsealed:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #61 on: 03 March 2009, 20:39 »
GTI is considerably cheaper...

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 03 March 2009, 20:44 »
You can make a tough car faster, but you'll stuggle to make a tinny car tougher  :drool:

Honda's don't break down though, golf's are normally always broken  :grin:
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #63 on: 03 March 2009, 20:45 »
I know which I'd rather be in if (god forbid) a serious accident were to happen.

Offline mk4Martin

• Here all the time
  • Midlands VW
« Reply #64 on: 03 March 2009, 21:47 »
Thanks for all your replies.  :wink: some really good points made there. I think the CTR is also quite tunable. I here an induction kit gives 10bhp and sounds absoloutly epic! and a remap gives a further 10 and frees up the revs more than they already are.

The main thing for me is the handling. I found the golf even when I slammed it 50mm all round was very sluggish round the corners.

Basically I have about 6k to spend on my next car. Any other recomendations ?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #65 on: 03 March 2009, 21:54 »
Thanks for all your replies.  :wink: some really good points made there. I think the CTR is also quite tunable. I here an induction kit gives 10bhp and sounds absoloutly epic! and a remap gives a further 10 and frees up the revs more than they already are.

The main thing for me is the handling. I found the golf even when I slammed it 50mm all round was very sluggish round the corners.

S3?? 225bhp and 4WD?

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
« Reply #66 on: 03 March 2009, 22:11 »

S3?? 225bhp and 4WD?

that would be my choose s3 over them two anyday.

my m8 was tell me that his m8 spent about 3k on his ctr all on the engine and said it was a rocket its sounded like an areo plane when the vtec kick in.

but after a month the engine started to knock so is it as strong as you say sambo?

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #67 on: 03 March 2009, 22:28 »

On my first CTR it had,

Mugen Airbox (had ITG maxogen on the second CTR which was better)
Hondata ECU chip. (More torque, bhp and brought the VTEC in at 4500rpm instaed of 6000rpm.
Lowered on Eibach springs
Spoon Manifold
Spoon centre box
Spoon N1 back box
18inch wheels
Earthing bonding

Loads of other bits too. To look at it looked standard, well apart from the wheels and it went like stink!, although it was far too noisy!

Horses for corses on what you pick. Both are very nice cars and whichever you choose you'll be happy.

I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #68 on: 03 March 2009, 22:57 »
Was that a TPW earthing kit, by any chance?
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #69 on: 04 March 2009, 08:36 »
Was that a TPW earthing kit, by any chance?
Yes it was  :smiley: although i have made my own for the Golf
I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)