Author Topic: Standard GTI and Edition 30 Differences.....  (Read 71769 times)

Offline ifti

• I live here
Standard GTI and Edition 30 Differences.....
« on: 23 January 2009, 16:49 »
What are the main differences between the two??
From what I can see, the ED30 has 30BHP more, and has colour coded rear bumper, along with a little extra trim around the car. Are these the only differences, or does the ED30 come with some additional features as standard?

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: Standard GTI and Edition 30 Differences.....
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2009, 16:53 »
KO4 inside  :laugh:

ed30 is easily tunable to over 300bhp as it has a bigger turbo.

all the other things are just little cosmetic things like bigger front splitter and coded side skirts, oh and half leather interior  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2009, 17:32 »
The ED30 has :

- 230bhp Engine which is more like a detuned S3 engine, with K04 turbocharger and other bits and bobs
- 18" BBS Pescara Alloys as standard (GTi has 17" Monzas as standard)
- Half Leather seats which are heated and have electric lunbar support (although the last GTi's came with full leather as standard)
- All the lower skirts / bumpers around the ED30 are colour coded (looks better in my IMHO)
- Smoked Rear Light Lens (a la R32)
- Slightly wider 3" exhaust (I believe)
- Lots of ED30 badges around the car and red stitching on the seats, mats and steering wheel  :rolleyes:

The engine and exhaust note on my ED30 sounded much better than the standard GTi,  think this is probably true for all ?

If you do a lot of driving on motorways, dual c/w's  or fast A roads, I would definitley recommend the ED30 - it has a bit more punch over 3000rpm and revs better to the redline without running out of  "ooomph" compared to the the standard GTi. :grin:

Also if you want to remap, then 280-300bhp is very cheaply obtainable on the ED30 (for around £400)    :evil:

Inside ED30 :

and outside showing smoked rear lenses, pescara wheels and colour coded skirts and rear lower bumper

« Last Edit: 23 January 2009, 18:19 by JonnyG »
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2009, 18:21 »
Don't forget the Golf Pirelli Edition which was basically the same car but with a Pirelli theme....
These are still expensive to buy as all are under a year old.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2009, 19:02 »
Don't forget the Golf Pirelli Edition which was basically the same car but with a Pirelli theme....
These are still expensive to buy as all are under a year old.

And are as rare as hens teeth!  :wink:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2009, 20:07 »
Ive seen 3 Pirelli editions on the road.

The ED30 / P is the more desirable of the 2 GTI's obviously.

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2009, 21:47 »
Rare cos' the seats in a Pirelli are  :sick:

Offline 30 Glee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2009, 21:48 »
I gather it sits lower as well.
5 door Ed 30, Reflex Silver, DSG, Fully loaded apart from window tints. Considering remap and exhaust conversion.

Pics to follow

Offline TagnuT

• I live here
  • Edition 30
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2009, 21:58 »
I gather it sits lower as well.
Same height as the GTI.  :smiley:
Bye Bye Edition 30

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2009, 22:03 »
Thanks for all the info. Im not one for tuning etc, so I probably wouldnt remap from stock. However, I am a sucker for a good looker, and the minor cosmetic touches really do make a difference. I like the trim and the colour coded rear bumper on the ED30!

Im still trying to decide on whether I would be better off with a GTI, with some extras, or whether I should go fr a stock ED30. I do need the electric folding mirrors, so its much easier to get in/out of the garage, and I'd also want DSG with paddles, and the centre arm rest and multifuction wheel. They are the main bits Im afer TBH. If I went for a standard GTI, I'd probably just go with black, so that the rear bumper doesnt look out of place - but I really want a silver car (I have a black at the mo), and the ED30 looks awesome in silver IMO!

Is there much of a difference when it comes to the MPG between the GTI and the ED30 by the way??

I'll be ready to buy in another few months, and am hoping the prices for the ED30 drop further by then - but they prbably wont since its a limited edition car - hence the value should stay higher for longer then the standard GTI.......