Author Topic: car of the month  (Read 13647 times)

Offline Overseer

• I live here
Re:car of the month
« Reply #20 on: 26 March 2004, 08:11 »
yeah theres no problem with that!!!?

good idea ... but does it "have" to be a Golf? cos i think some people on here dont own a golf yet ... some have Polo's and corrado's etc

you're missing the point. here's _ your _ original post that started this dicussion.

yes they're welcome to post. but that doesn't mean they should be feature cars.
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline dan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 26 March 2004, 08:47 »
Having Car of the month in my eyes is a very good idea.

For me this forum is a Golf GTi forum..  :) However maybe JV could also link to Non-Golf Gti Car of the month too? Just a diplomatic thought?

« Last Edit: 26 March 2004, 08:48 by dan »

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #22 on: 26 March 2004, 09:25 »
I think the car of the month is a great idea. In terms of who it should be open too, like others, I have my own view!

I think it should be open to anyone who uses the site on a regular basis, regardless of the car they drive. We have many non-GTi members, drivers of VR6, R32, modified CL's, TVR Golf etc) and it would be unfair to exclude these models.

In terms of future models. the GTi brand is undergoing an evolution at present, and the MK5 is likely to stretch it further - we are going to be seeing 'R' and 'S' spec perfomance models, as well as the traditional GTi models. By making the car of the month GTi only, you'll be excluding a big portion of future performance models, which I don't think is right.

I perosnally have a big interest in all cars, not just the golf GTi, so if one of our fellow members is running a Polo GTi with a supercharged VR6 lump under the bonnet, I would like to see it featured so I can read about it and drool over the photos!

I know what everyone's fears of non-GTi cars being potentially featured are - Badly modified base models, or cars that are going to stimulate no interest in 90% of the forum members due to a total lack of application to our site. BUT! give the people will potentially be picking the cars the benefit of the doubt - They simply won't feature a car that wouldn't interest the majority or 'cut the mustard' so to speak.

Just my views  ;)

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2004, 09:33 »
^ i agree with that :)

just worried if it went any further it'd almost be 'performance vw' or worse then.. lol
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 March 2004, 10:34 »
good idea about the car of the month, shall look at doing that. :)

user managed content? that's not a 5 minute job!

I've heard the www.Xoops.com is quite handy for this...
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline jedi16v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 26 March 2004, 13:05 »
very good idea ;)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #26 on: 26 March 2004, 13:56 »
S11eps says:
I think it should be open to anyone who uses the site on a regular basis, regardless of the car they drive. We have many non-GTi members, drivers of VR6, R32, modified CL's, TVR Golf etc) and it would be unfair to exclude these models.

you're ok now then Black ;D
« Last Edit: 26 March 2004, 13:56 by Dizzie »
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 26 March 2004, 14:17 »
 8)

Offline Cupra Turbo

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2004, 17:47 »
Nah, I say only cars worth ?3000 or more... according to Glass's

Soz Dizzie ... they dont cater for engine transplants.. not that it'd make u much more expensive  :D ;) ;D

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=38

Modified Golf GTI, 130Bhp(est), All Smoked Plus Quad Headl

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #29 on: 26 March 2004, 18:57 »
Glass's modifed Car price guide - covering huge ICE installs, engine swaps, and many more mods.

Pick up your copy at all good local newsagents  8)
Mk4 Golf 150PD