Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1041308 times)

Offline Netgeezer

• Not said much yet
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #50 on: 28 February 2008, 18:44 »
LOL cheers 18turbo, I used to run a small valeting business, Autosmart professional for nearly 6 years when I left school  :wink: Now I fix computers for a living - but on a nice day I know what I'd rather do!

Wait til the weather gets warmer and I'll start getting a real shine on it.  :cool: The paintwork isn't perfect of course, I've got a little peeling round one of the bumper strips and the window sills but with a little work these can be sorted and as long as the rest of the beast is sparkling you'll never notice the little flaws  :grin:

"Delivery is for the weak..."

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 28 February 2008, 18:47 »
LOL cheers 18turbo, I used to run a small valeting business, Autosmart professional for nearly 6 years when I left school  :wink: Now I fix computers for a living - but on a nice day I know what I'd rather do!

Wait til the weather gets warmer and I'll start getting a real shine on it.  :cool: The paintwork isn't perfect of course, I've got a little peeling round one of the bumper strips and the window sills but with a little work these can be sorted and as long as the rest of the beast is sparkling you'll never notice the little flaws  :grin:

are you finding it hard keeping the valences from chipping? ive had mine sprayed and its a bit of a nightmare every 6 months it has to go to be touched up
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline Netgeezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 28 February 2008, 18:54 »
Yes - you're absolutely right - both front and rear valance have chipped slightly at the corners! At some point I'll redo them but for now I've sadly got other things to do! Keeping it clean is a mission this time of year let alone anything else...

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #53 on: 28 February 2008, 18:55 »
I'm such a crap photographer, but here's a few shots of her.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #54 on: 28 February 2008, 18:56 »

Yea, ive heard of this kind of cling film stuff you can get to protect your paint, might try some of that
are you finding it hard keeping the valences from chipping? ive had mine sprayed and its a bit of a nightmare every 6 months it has to go to be touched up
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline Netgeezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 29 February 2008, 08:31 »
Hi bobbarley, at least your engine cover has a badge on - mine hasn't! And it's cracked in a couple of places too - people not being careful with the car when doing work on it I guess. BTW woohoo, another original Monty lol I'd like MK4 R32 wheels at some point... Big upgrade for me really.

In terms of retail products you can buy in the shops (not the trade stuff lol) the best cleaning method is Meguiars Clay. Use the detailer and clay to remove all rubbish from the paint (after cleaning the car normally of course) and then start layering wax. It really makes a difference. I wish I'd taken some photo's of when I bought the car, it looked its age when I purchased it...

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
« Reply #56 on: 01 March 2008, 15:51 »
Here be mine, just polished altho i can see many more stonechips than i would like.

just waiting on my coilovers and Rims now ;)
Meh....

Blazing Storm

« Reply #57 on: 01 March 2008, 19:44 »
Was about to say it looks a bit scared of the ground. Good for you getting some coilovers and new rims. Should look good. What rims you going for?

Offline Trickyboy

• Here all the time
  • MK5 GTi 3dr Reflex Silver
« Reply #58 on: 03 March 2008, 00:06 »

Offline Trickyboy

• Here all the time
  • MK5 GTi 3dr Reflex Silver
« Reply #59 on: 03 March 2008, 00:07 »
Jeez, im such a sodding n00b, gna take more pics tmrw, only got the one off my phone before i bloody bought the car! lol