Author Topic: DCC system, is it a must have on the MK8?  (Read 14147 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: DCC system, is it a must have on the MK8?
« Reply #40 on: 17 January 2021, 17:43 »
Playing the "in stock" game in challenging.

Its like buying a second hand car but new.

Someone else has chosen the options!

Most seemed to have 19's, some had DCC, a few have 19's and a variety of options.

I was told the other day that they are having to quote 28 weeks on a factory order... eek.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
  • Auto professional & lover
« Reply #41 on: 17 January 2021, 18:42 »
All stock ones have 18 and DCC here, but they are sold with a huge markup, I mean, without discount.

I got a quote at 37500€ (32GBP) from a list value of 44000 for an open order. The stock ones are 40 to 44000.

No way I'm gonna spend that money. I hope that nobody will buy at those prices.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2021, 18:46 by Powerman80 »
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 17 January 2021, 19:47 »
It's quite an interesting thread this. I get the impression people consider DCC to improve what they feel to be poor ride, rather than to give a wider use for the car- surely that's the purpose of DCC?

Do those with DCC actually use the different settings?
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 17 January 2021, 19:54 »
It's quite an interesting thread this. I get the impression people consider DCC to improve what they feel to be poor ride, rather than to give a wider use for the car- surely that's the purpose of DCC?

Actually I'm surprised because A LOT of people praise the Hyundai i30N and that car has the stiffest ride ever, almost made me want to throw up. It's like a go-kart, but a 125cc shifter, not a 4-stroke like the Mini.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Joking aside, it shows that the Golf is an 360° more mature car and probably appeals more to a 360° use.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2021, 20:08 by Powerman80 »
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 17 January 2021, 20:13 »

When I had it the first time, I left it in normal most of the time. If I selected sport mode it went to sport for dcc. If I drove across a field or other unmade road, I selected comfort.

Now with the mk8 having something like twelve settings rather than three... Who knows yet. I'll let you know in march.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 18 January 2021, 00:18 »

I use mine daily, depending on road surface, whether I'm solo or with family, or just how I feel.

In sport mode it is more tied-down and sportier feeling than the standard, non-DCC GTI suspension. 

But if the roads are bad, I can dial it right back to near base model Golf levels of comfort.

The GTI may be fine without it.  But IMO it's a lot better with DCC.  At least for me.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 20 January 2021, 15:33 »
Apparently there won't be any choice.

Pending test drive, I will get a stock version, with red colour, matrix headlights and DCC.
Slightly pricier than I anticipated but I will get more money for my used car and won't make a difference between life and bankrupcy  :grin:
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 20 January 2021, 15:43 »
I wasnt going to spec it specifically but i've got it (stock car).
Personally, i cant see what all the hype is about, i certainly wouldnt spend money on having it but maybe i'm not really using it as people talk about setting it up......
setting what up?! i thought the idea was you put it in to Sport and its different to Comfort - it is yeh but not £800 different!! ha

Someone educate me

MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline Powerman80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 20 January 2021, 15:52 »
They quoted me 180 days for an order...

Then there is this...
« Last Edit: 20 January 2021, 15:59 by Powerman80 »
Marco
=============
Hello from Milan Italy

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 20 January 2021, 16:21 »
I've heard about terrible lead times... up to 28 weeks.... if there is stock and its sort of right spec... that's what I did.

But do get a test drive of at least ANY Mk8 GTI, after that you will know what you want.