Author Topic: Returning member  (Read 1991 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Returning member
« on: 20 December 2020, 12:59 »
Afternoon all

Used to be a member on here, but it seems I had to re register, probably through not being on here in a while. Currently driving a well specced MK7 3 door GTi PP. Test drove a new Clubsport yesterday, which I really liked. What sort of discount are people able to get out of their dealers currently? They've offered 2.5k off, plus the 1250 via VW PCP. wasn't sure if that was a good deal or not? Standard spec, with optional Dolphin Grey paint.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Returning member
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2020, 13:07 »
If you use DTD or similar you should aim for £5.5k off. Good luck!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2020, 13:22 »
How does that work when you have an existing PCP deal?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2020, 13:30 »
When I’ve used them they just put me in touch with a dealer who them gave me the usual part ex options.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2020, 13:41 »
Ahh OK. great, thanks for the advice

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2020, 23:07 »
Welcome back M6TT

I’m sure jv can sort out your forum personality disorder.

The brokers will offer considerably better headline discounts than a dealer with a physical car but that doesn’t mean the latter won’t negotiate further if there isn’t strong interest in that car from others (depending on whether the next batch might be quite a bit of time from production).
VW wait times can be agonisingly long and people will pay a bit more for a bird in the hand (again, depending on demand).

All dealers seem to have had *base spec* Clubsports delivered within the last few weeks so spread your net to other dealers. Also speak to evo1986 on here (forum sponsor) as he has three and access to more.
DtD’s dealers also might still have physical stock too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2020, 17:48 »
Well, after much haggling, I pick my Dolphin Grey Clubsport up on the 4th - cant wait!

Offline Snowman8888

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 24 December 2020, 18:32 »
Very exciting! Does it come with the any options? Be sure to list some photos

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2020, 19:09 »
No, other than the colour. It would appear from conversations with a couple of dealers, all of the first cars delivered were all standard spec vehicles, bar the colour. I would have preferred 19's, although I'm not a fan of the Adelaides either, so will look to buy some more appropriate wheels in the summer. There isn't many options I would have specced over the standard car anyway, and I was keen to get in before the potential price hike post Brexit. will post pics!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 December 2020, 19:14 »
It’ll be really interesting what you thinking the ride quality without DCC.