Author Topic: Golf GTI Clubsport and R Open for Ordering Date and Price Confirmed!  (Read 25185 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
The R is so expensive it's laughable now!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
VW have now updated the configurator on the UK website to include the mk8 R. It’s not too difficult to configure an R with a list price of £44k-45k with a few ‘desirable’ options :shocked:.

The GTI Clubsport also appears to have been added to the configurator but it doesn’t seem to work at present.

I can't configure the Clubsport either, or the GTI, but I can for the R?  I've tried safari and google chrome?
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
The R is Black, white or blue?

I love how the 2k performance pack "details" basically tells you that for that you get 19's. That's classic VW - not actually trying to explain what the hell you are getting for the money.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
If you want reliable and accurate information, your best hope is to download a brochure. The configurator is notoriously unhelpful

R Performance Pack

Four 8J x 19" ‘Estoril’ Black diamond-turned with 235/35 R19 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts, derestricted top speed (where the law permits), performance rear spoiler and additional Driver profile selections (Drift and Nuremburg)
7.5 GTD

Offline Wide

• I live here
Can you get a trailerhitch in the UK on the R?! :sad: :wink:

Could you get that on the mk7.5 R to?  :sad:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
If you want reliable and accurate information, your best hope is to download a brochure. The configurator is notoriously unhelpful

Agree on the configurator, but there’s no guarantee the brochure content is accurate either. I can remember after the launch of the current model Polo the winter pack content in the brochure being wrong for many, many months. Some forum members over on uk-polos.net ordered the winter pack option for their cars based on the brochure description, only to find they didn’t get what they thought they would when their cars arrived. Those forum members who highlighted this to their dealers were by and large compensated, but it does go to show that you can’t rely on the brochure being correct either.

In my experience, VW don’t have a good track record for accuracy of their product literature and marketing material.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2020, 15:07 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline SRGTD

• I live here

The brochure shows it as not being an option on the R or the GTI Clubsport. I’m pretty certain it wasn’t available on the mk7 / mk7.5 R either as I don’t think the mk7 / mk7.5 R was type approved for towing, so I’m assuming that’s the reason for it not being available on the mk8 R.

I think some owners of the mk7.5 fitted a tow hitch solely to attach a cycle carrier to rather than having a tow hitch for towing - to tow a trailer or caravan with a car that’s not type approved to tow would have insurance implications in the UK.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Wide

• I live here

The brochure shows it as not being an option on the R or the GTI Clubsport. I’m pretty certain it wasn’t available on the mk7 / mk7.5 R either as I don’t think the mk7 / mk7.5 R was type approved for towing, so I’m assuming that’s the reason for it not being available on the mk8 R.

I think some owners of the mk7.5 fitted a tow hitch solely to attach a cycle carrier to rather than having a tow hitch for towing - to tow a trailer or caravan with a car that’s not type approved to tow would have insurance implications in the UK.

Thank´s that is probably true :(, you had trailerhitch in the UK configuration.. But that seems wrong.. :angry:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
The R is so expensive it's laughable now!

I'm still not sure why it's priced more than the new S3 though?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Crazy price and just adding a sunroof makes it £450 tax per year :cry:

MK7 GTi