Author Topic: What colours have people ordered ?  (Read 20400 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What colours have people ordered ?
« Reply #110 on: 15 January 2021, 15:29 »
Not sure if it’s directly related but you might have to dump your key in the cup holder next to the key graphic if you disable keyless before it’ll start(?)
I’ll have a play at the weekend if I get chance.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #111 on: 15 January 2021, 15:36 »
That would be OK, I'd probably throw it in there anyway. Please have a play though, would be good forum knowledge.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #112 on: 15 January 2021, 15:56 »
So what happens if you leave your key in and forget to take it with you?

Does it stop you from locking the car, and if so what's to stop someone jumping in and driving off with your car?  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 15 January 2021, 16:05 »

Does it stop you from locking the car, and if so what's to stop someone jumping in and driving off with your car?  :undecided:

Its just like leaving the key in the ignition...

TBH the F56 we have and the F40 I drove yesterday (both Minis lol!) are keyed remote entry keyless start and I just chuck the key in the cupholder when i get in. Did it on the BMW like second nature yesterday!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 15 January 2021, 16:17 »

Its just like leaving the key in the ignition...

TBH the F56 we have and the F40 I drove yesterday (both Minis lol!) are keyed remote entry keyless start and I just chuck the key in the cupholder when i get in. Did it on the BMW like second nature yesterday!

Yeah but if you leave your key in the ignition the engine would still be running. I'm talking about switching it off with the button but forgetting to pick your fob up when you get out  :sad:
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #115 on: 15 January 2021, 16:24 »
That would be OK, I'd probably throw it in there anyway. Please have a play though, would be good forum knowledge.

Good point, I’ll maybe do a separate thread which might be risky as I’ll just fiddle with things and see what happens only to be shot down shortly afterwards by someone with a working brain that’s capable of reading a manual and following actual instructions.
“Just” setting my central heating timer nearly ended up with it being detached from the wall with the biggest hammer I could find.
My father in law is one of those strange people that can do DIY successfully without major cardiac arrest. He always says “when you run into a problem just walk away and come back later with a clear mind”
Now to me that walking away would probably involve running out into the road shouting, screaming and tearing clumps of hair out.
Come to think of it my FIL has no hair...

I think there’s an insurance assessors definition for that scenario and it’s not a polite one.

Same as anything involving a key or pass card, you have to train yourself into a habit
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 15 January 2021, 16:31 »
Seem to remember the F56 goes ping pong bong if you try to exit without the key.

It can't stop you of course, but it is like leaving the key in the ignition.... Don't think I've ever done it with the mini mainly because my reaction when getting out of the car is to lock it.  Too many years of tissue memory. I often lock Mrs G in the car accidently because getting out and immediately locking the car is such second nature.

(I tell her its accidental of course  :whistle:)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 16 January 2021, 08:15 »
Now this wouldn’t be news to most people but I’m boring. Perhaps it’s down to manufacturers offering limited palettes rather than actual buyers preferences?

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #118 on: 16 January 2021, 08:26 »
What is ‘interesting’ (well, on a wet Sat morning) is orange, green and yellow on the increase......

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 16 January 2021, 10:41 »
I wonder what that would look like if every manufacturer offered a full spectrum of colours?

Its definitely driven by a restricted choice and then further skewed by the limited number of car models that make up the bulk of UK sales.

Eg if Porsche had some whacky colours it wouldn't impact it if Ford and VW only offered boring ones even if every Porsche was sold in purple.

Car colour choices definitely are fashion like clothes. I remember the silver years, then the white years... these days battleship grey is the rage (not just cars but decoration on houses etc).

Black is always popular but I never understand why.

Whatever the free colour is on any car probably sells more than any optional colour too - unless its Purple Nasty  :sick: