Author Topic: my 1.6 seems abit fast (updated)  (Read 30841 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: my 1.6 seems abit fast lol
« Reply #40 on: 07 March 2011, 23:57 »
Crossflow is a type of engine and makes no difference to your 1.6 / 2.0

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 07 March 2011, 23:59 »
Does that mean it can look like  this and still be a 1.6?

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #42 on: 08 March 2011, 00:00 »

Nope yours is a 2.0 100% so plate change or engine swap.

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 08 March 2011, 00:05 »

Nope yours is a 2.0 100% so plate change or engine swap.
FFS, i have no idea where to go from here, best option is to try and get my money back, get the police involved ect..
Any ideas, what the hell i should do?
im absolutly gutted tbh, id of rather kept my 1.4

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #44 on: 08 March 2011, 00:09 »
1st step is to check the vin on the car itself, make sure it is intact and has not been tampered with, check that against the v5 to see if they match, next step speak with the vw dealer to confirm model / spec and engine size.

Seems odd that someone would fit a 2.0 to a 1.6 so it is nicked or the dvla made a mistake many years ago which can happen.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #45 on: 08 March 2011, 00:09 »
Wow, dodgy buy then!

Cross flow engine is an engine that the intake and exhaust ports are on the opposite sides of the cylinder head. It's a more efficient engine than the counter flow.

I'd contact the seller first of all, try and see if he knew anything about it, then I'd contact the police. Did you do a HPI check before you bought it?

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 08 March 2011, 00:14 »
Tbh i dident do a HPI  check, it was abit of a rush buy as i needed it for work today, if i was to pay for a hpi check now what will it get me? will i find anything out? its been mot'd this way for the last 2 years, i spoke to vosa and dvla,today about the mileage, and there is no record, will the hpi check bring back anything deifferent?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #47 on: 08 March 2011, 00:15 »
Tbh i dident do a HPI  check, it was abit of a rush buy as i needed it for work today, if i was to pay for a hpi check now what will it get me? will i find anything out? its been mot'd this way for the last 2 years, i spoke to vosa and dvla,today about the mileage, and there is no record, will the hpi check bring back anything deifferent?

I would do a hpi check asap but I fear your in trouble

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #48 on: 08 March 2011, 00:18 »
The HPI check will tell you if the car has been nicked, or has any outstanding finance. I'd do one NOW to have as proof of the car's history, you can do a FULL one which is about £30 or a lesser one which is about £10 or so.

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 08 March 2011, 00:22 »
how would the car of passed its mot and how would he of registerd it if it had been nicked? plus we still dont know if its a plate swap ,because ,if it is the information is only gunna come back on that reg, and not the car