Author Topic: VWDRC want you to come Racing, 10 second car? 13 second car? 18 second car?  (Read 4248 times)

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
We've got an EPIC year of racing ahead of us this season in the Volkswagen Drag Racing Club. We've managed to secure LOADS of sponsors and that means LOADS OF PRIZE MONEY!

Join up for a TENNER (plus track membership if you're going to race - it's all on our site) and you can be part of it all!

Aircooled or watercooled... If it's VW Group - VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Lamborghini/Bugatti/Bentley/etc... You're all welcome! (especially if you have a Veyron or Aventador! Or an R32 powered 4wd K70... I might get a little bit overexcited...) If it's VW Based but not VW-powered then that's fine (we've got several Subaru-powered cars in our ranks and a Supercharged Rover V8 Fastback), and if it's not VW but it has a VW engine then that's fine too!

Doesn't have to be fast... We've got two classes... 13 second quarter miles and slower run in Sportsman... 12.99 and quicker in Pro. Doesn't have to be fancy... There are plenty of budget racers amongst us.

VW Sportsman is sponsored by VOLKSZONE and Dubz-By-Dan.

VW Pro is sponsored by Reichspeed and TSR.

So, yeah... I said PRIZE MONEY... It currently looks like this thanks to our sponsors:

If you qualify in first place in your class at an event you win: £20
If you win 1st place in your class: £100
If you win 2nd place: £50

This is on top of the prize money you will already receive from Santa Pod/Shakespeare County Raceway.

If you win the championship at the end of the year in your class you will win £300... And £200 for the runner up.

Also the champions of both classes receive free Race entry into Big Bang and Bug Jam the following year (another saving of over £300.)

Who is sponsoring all this? I'll tell you!

* Bio-Cam
* Vibra-Technics
* WRP Paint and Restoration
* Sub11Motorsport
* Dub Shows UK

...and a few more to announce soon (keep your eyes on our Facebook page, Twitter feed and www.eurodragster.com)

Obviously there are actual physical trophies too!

BUT THERE'S MORE!

Join up and race with us and you get DISCOUNTED ENTRY for events for you and your team.

You get to camp ON TARMAC IN THE PITS at Santa Pod... No more mudfest in the fields! And as part of the race/event entry fee you get ELECTRICITY TOO.

You also get in BEFORE THE CROWDS - it's fantastic arriving at Big Bang and Bug Jam on the Thursday before when it's all empty!

And you also get the MOTHER OF ALL HANGOVERS after our AGM at the end of the year! (Hangover optional, although I've never managed to avoid it...)

AND THERE'S EVEN MORE THAN THAT!

...but we can't tell you about it yet. There are some SUPER AWESOME K-RAD COOL things that are being sorted for our 25th year, keep an eye out for more details when they are ready!

If you want to know more about the VWDRC then the best place to start is over on our website -> http://www.vwdrc.com/

IT'S GONNA BE ACE 

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
loads of views but no takers, come on there loads of you at the GTI festivals, take the next step

whats holding people back?

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us

The lack of corners.

The lack of track time vs track days or circuit racing.

The damage that repeated aggressive launching off the line at full tilt does to one's transmission.

The recession.

Doesn't cost owt to look at a thread. HTHs.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here

The lack of corners.

The lack of track time vs track days or circuit racing.

Yarp, i drive straight lines on motorways, would be cool if i had a 400BHP beast, but alas no
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
true we all would like a 400hp motor but you can still have fun, with a lot less, and adding the competition increases the fun.

True, it is a funny old sport, the quicker you go, the less time you race and the more it costs you  :laugh:

But back to damaging stuff, your much more likey to crash/come off the track on a circuit race, but anyone who fancys some cheap motorsport, VW Sportsman is a very cheap way of starting.

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
just reading the tdi class, about you can have a race ready car for 5k,

which is nice but as you say times are hard, try some drag racing

go buy a Vr6 for £300-500, strip the weight out and your 14 second race car is ready

events cost £160-£180 (depends if its a 2,3 or 4 day race wkend) but that gets you 4 wkend tickets and electric hook-up and obviously your track time.

Bracket racing is fair and budget based, its all about the driver and how they prepare there car, you can have it as powerful as you want or keep it as simple and cheap as you want

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
You still haven't addressed the corner issue.

Remind me how long your £160 gets you on the straight track?

£160 buys me about four hours on a race track, in one day, without having to sit around and camp overnight.

I'd say sleep, but normally there's a lot of partay music and drunken goons clattering about, so sleep is unlikely.

Unfortunately drag racing isn't for everyone.

Been, tried, just didn't like it.

Done lots of track days.

Love them.

Not done any circuit-racing - it's too expensive for me at the moment.

I'd try it before drag racing again though.

Sorry about that.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
no worries,
like you said its not for all,

but hopefully this thread will break down the cost and answer some questions for people.

Offline major lucky

• Not said much yet
Well the season is only 4 weeks away  :laugh:

just incase your shy on here, we will be at Ultimate Dubs this wkend, come say Hi and any questions feel free to ask