Author Topic: Golf Edition 35 sent to GT Performance Detail, York  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
Golf Edition 35 sent to GT Performance Detail, York
« on: 17 December 2017, 20:07 »
So after a little while away from VW I find myself back.

A pending house move recently dictated the need to change cars so that I could move some money about and also limit my outgoings on paper.

I must of spent weeks debating what to buy, changing my mind daily.  Trying to be sensible with the money, not wanting to loose a great deal if I do change again in the near future once the house completes and when we selltle in. 

Eventually after looking at various cars I decided to concentrate on a Golf Edition 35.  It seemed to tick all the boxes, there’s not many about, they have a good base spec and seem to hold there money really well. 

After a couple of weeks I struck lucky finding a one owner car, only done 16500miles, DSG and full VW history all the same dealer.
Without much hesitation the car was bought and the deal was done.  Now although the car had only done 16500 it’s still a 5 year old car that needed a little TLC, certainly to help with my OCD.

This is where Mark from GTperformance Detail in York came in. I spoke with Mark and discussed what options I had with the car.  Having been a fan of Gtechniq things I was almost sold with this until we started to talk about Gyeon.  Now as Mark was Gyeon certified I thought that this maybe the better option.  At this point I’ll add I’m in no way linked or related to Mark, I’ve not been paid or been given a discount to do a review of his service, but wanted to show his work off (and my car).

Having used detailers in the past I can honestly Mark is on point with the work he’s done.  He’s gone above and beyond with his customer service and I’ll happily be back in the future and be more than happy to recommend his services.

I’ll add a link to his website below.

Now for the proof..............

https://www.gtperformancedetail.co.uk
« Last Edit: 18 December 2017, 00:11 by Walts »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Golf Edition 35 sent to GT Performance Detailing, York
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2017, 20:34 »
Looks mint! Great choice of colour too :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf Edition 35 sent to GT Performance Detailing, York
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2017, 20:48 »
I think the Red just fits the GTI :cool:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Golf Edition 35 sent to GT Performance Detail, York
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2017, 20:58 »
Looks absolutely stunning.  :cool:  Love the Ed35.

A lot of people i know have moved from Gtecniq to Gyeon.  Should be a pleasure to maintain.

Enjoy.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2017, 21:02 »
Looks great Walts. I really like the Watkins Glen alloys that VW fitted to the ED35.

Enjoy your new car  :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2017, 00:15 »
Looks absolutely stunning.  :cool:  Love the Ed35.

A lot of people i know have moved from Gtecniq to Gyeon.  Should be a pleasure to maintain.

Enjoy.

I’ve given it a maintenance wash and it seems to be doing well.  The Gyeon Bathe seems a really good wash, although it’s not got a lot of sudds it cleans and beads up very well.

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2017, 00:19 »
Looks great Walts. I really like the Watkins Glen alloys that VW fitted to the ED35.

Enjoy your new car  :smiley:

Yeah they suit the car very well. 
As an added bonus there a standard painted wheel so no chance of any white worm like the diamond cut wheels on everything these days  :smiley:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2017, 08:31 »
Incredible looking car and great looking result!  :cool:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2017, 10:13 »
Nice car and looks fantastic!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2017, 17:12 »
Incredible looking car and great looking result!  :cool:

Thanks,  seeing yours in the detailing thread spurred me on to update the pics.