Author Topic: Which Photo Editing Software  (Read 2234 times)

Offline ade1703

• Not said much yet
Which Photo Editing Software
« on: 13 May 2009, 22:22 »
Just starting to get into this Photography lark, got myself a Nikon D40 with a couple of lenses of Ebay, and wondered what Photo editing software people were using.
I have been sharpening up images with Picasa, and played a bit with GIMP but am interested in what the rest of you are using, are you all using Elements?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Which Photo Editing Software
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 00:20 »
I've got elements on one of my machines and Full photoshop (although an old version from about 2003) on my other one.

You can get elements for about £50 off ebay from adobe, just comes without he manual but there are plenty of tuitions online. I would say start with elements and if in a years time you find you need more upgrade to full photoshop. I find there is little I use photoshop for that I can't do in elements, only in elements it can be a longer process.

Nick

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2009, 08:21 »
I use Photoshop CS4, but like Nick said best thing to do is buy Elements. If you're just starting out it is easily powerful enough to learn all the tricks with and affordable compared to its big brother. Then once you've got used to it you can spend some cash on full photoshop, depending on how serious you are about it.

I definately wouldn't wade in with full photoshop though as it can be a bit daunting, you will learn much faster starting with Elements.

I've got loads of sites bookmarked at home, I'll post em up if nobody beats me to it.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2009, 08:36 »
Ive got PS CS2 on my PC but i need to get a version for my Mac book but as the others have said start off with Elements and get to grips with that and then if you feel the need you can always upgrade  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2009, 15:15 »
lightroom 2 ftw  :wink: :wink:

Offline ade1703

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2009, 20:00 »
Cheers for the tips, will give Elements a go  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2009, 21:17 »
Same here really - PS CS2 on my PC at home and CS4 on my Work machine.

I dont really use it to its full advantage - I am just reading lots online and trying to follow different tutorials to edit my pics. I do a lot of playing about and can normally produce some stuff I am happy with - probably not pro standard. I started off using Photoshop to do virtual chops a la Digimods.

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2009, 01:31 »
Lightroom and Photoshop cs4 :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08