Author Topic: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not! shafted by vw main dealer!!  (Read 18730 times)

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
i have climatronic but when its on the hot setting my heaters are not blowing warm air, it hasnt for a long time, after a while it will blow very luke warm air but not hot hot, i thought it was my heater matrix blocked but got round to checking that and its fine..... pipe going in is warm and pipe coming out is warm and after taking pipes off and pumping water through it its just as clean water coming out thats going in...
im stumped,
is there a heater valve fitted which could be faulty?

any ideas?!

cheers  :cry:
« Last Edit: 10 November 2008, 20:00 by golfgtidan »

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: heater blower
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2008, 13:21 »
Thermostat?

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2008, 13:23 »
i have drove the car 6 hours straight, it will never overheat and the cooling fan works fine! so doubt it!
thanks for reply tho

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2008, 14:03 »
the pipes wouldnt be warm to the matrix if thermostat was staying closed,  does sound like the temp control isnt switching the valve, not sure how they work though  :sad:

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2008, 19:30 »
had a guy visit us from some weird and wonderful company today at work, he had a heater control unit which he said could be the cause of my problem! he gave us a few bits of paperwork which had a picture of the unit on, i could just about make out the part numbers. thing is i have no idea where to find this unit!  :cry: hopefully this is the cure..

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
Re: heater blower? climatronic problem
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2008, 18:40 »
ah well it appears no1 nos what it can be then  :cry:

car booked in at dealers on tuesday 4th.... expensive no doubt then

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2008, 13:44 »
ok car in at dealers. they had a look and "think" the water pump has failed. i no this is fairly common but if my impeller had broken off would it not pump water around the engine?! making water not circulate and make it overheat?! certainly did on my old car! overheated within 10 minutes.. so why have i been able to drive my car to birmingham nec and edition 38 from plymouth and many other places this year without it overheating? is it magic or just pure luck?! im confused.com but there the guys who are in the no so hey let them get on with it.

new cambelt, water and thermostat.... price...  :shocked: :shocked: but hey if its fixed so what!!! get it back 2morrow!
« Last Edit: 04 November 2008, 13:47 by golfgtidan »

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2008, 13:46 »

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2008, 13:52 »
ok car in at dealers. they had a look and "think" the water pump has failed. i no this is fairly common but if my impeller had broken off would it not pump water around the engine?! making water not circulate and make it overheat?! certainly did on my old car! overheated within 10 minutes.. so why have i been able to drive my car to birmingham nec and edition 38 and many places this year without it overheating? is it magic or just pure luck?! im confused.com but there the guys who are in the no so hey let them get on with it.

new cambelt, water and thermostat.... price...  :shocked: :shocked: but hey if its fixed so what!!! get it back 2morrow!

if the water pump failed, you'd certainly expect to see it reflected in the coolant temp, eg if the water isn't being pumped round, only the water in the engine is going to get hot, or the temp goes through the roof.

changing the water pump is a very drastic guess IMO on their part, as you've said its a common fault, but a very expensive test if it doesn't solve the problem (expect them to quote you £400-£600 for the pump / cam belt)

my first guess would be either a problem with the climatronic unit, eg the thermostat on that that regulates the temperature

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
Re: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not!
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2008, 14:05 »
its a guess like you say, matey on the phone said the tech "thinks" its the waterpump! i had a bit of a moan and said i can drive the car 6 hours straight without it overheating which is why i thought the climatronic unit maybe at fault! i must admit i am a bit worried on there part as i dont think thats the cause of the problem! time will tell and if it dont fix it then they will have to put it right!! and i wont be a happy chappy if im forking out that kinda money for nothing

447 quid  :cry: