Author Topic: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not! shafted by vw main dealer!!  (Read 18729 times)

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
Re: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not!
« Reply #20 on: 09 November 2008, 10:53 »
is true! plus its a vw!!  :grin:

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline T1 11JKE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2008, 18:08 »
did you find out the problem??? i had the same problem a year or so on my zetec s and all it was, was a faulty heater control valve which was jammed, jus a wild guess

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2008, 18:14 »
yes fords (kas and fiesta suffered with the heater valve) i used to work for ford and replaced loads! but the mk4 does not have a heater valve...

car is STILL at vw! 6 days now,

they say my water pump impellar had broken off, no proof yet tho.... i might ask to see it when i eventually pick the car up! it seems that even tho the coolent is not being pumped around the engine it was still was flowing around the engine quite nicely which is why it would not overheat... strange one, went for a sneaky look last night and the car is outside in customer parking so i might get it back tomorrow. thing is im back to work tomorrow so picking it up is a problem..

hopefully its outside because its ready for me to collect it!

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline T1 11JKE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 09 November 2008, 18:26 »
yh bit of a strange 1
well good luck

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 November 2008, 18:34 »
cheers mate! 

It really does make me want to bite the main dealers head off when i collect! a week to do a job which should take a day!  back street garage could of done it! probably cheaper to!  i thought i was doing right by taking it to main dealers as it makes sence, ive tried to fix my heater prob but had no luck so took it to the "experts" when they said waterpump i was stumped and thought well if i do the job and it aint that what then..... so thats why ive let them do the work!

like i say i myself am a technician but im ford trained.. i should of just had a stab at doing it myself but its finding the time to do it and being on holiday from working on cars the last thing i wanna do while off from fixing cars is fix cars!!

rant over!  :smiley:

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 10 November 2008, 18:20 »
had a phonecall today........

sir we have done the cambelt, waterpump thermostat but the car now needs the heater flaps to be replaced................ WTF!! ive been shafted!!!!!

bill now at 700 quid!  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 10 November 2008, 19:46 »
the heater flap controls the flow of hot and cold air into the car so ding dong this could have possible been the problem to start with i would be asking questions etc!!!!!!!!
If your buying im selling!!!!!!!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 10 November 2008, 19:48 »
im pretty sure this was the problem to begin with but ive been shafted by now having to pay out for a waterpump and cambelt that didnt need replacing!  I AINT HAPPY!

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 10 November 2008, 19:53 »
ask to see the old water pump and ask how they come to this conclusion that the car needed all these things to fix the heater problem lots of parts and labour. Ask for the diag prints that they should have done and check the time and dates on the print bet the fault was there from the start they just ignored it and went for the common fault the waterpump!!!!!!
If your buying im selling!!!!!!!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 10 November 2008, 19:57 »
yes mate i think your completely right!! i will be asking to see the waterpump for definate! i have been conned by main dealer! im fuming! i will be having a right b!tch when i go to collect my motor thats for sure!!