Author Topic: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not! shafted by vw main dealer!!  (Read 18810 times)

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not!
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2008, 14:13 »
sounds like we're all guessing

what's you're current mileage, as if you're not too far away from a belt change it's not going to be as hard to swallow.

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2008, 14:21 »
87k, was done at 58k..........  i cant help but feel that the waterpump is not at fault and they aint got it right! oh well its only money aint it

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2008, 14:26 »
87k, was done at 58k..........  i cant help but feel that the waterpump is not at fault and they aint got it right! oh well its only money aint it

why not just get the thermostat replaced and see if that sorts the problem out, and then do the pump?

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2008, 19:43 »
to late, there already on the case, plus will not have to do belt again for long time... still havin my doubts about it being waterpump tho.......

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline PaulMK4GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2008, 13:42 »
If it makes you feel any better i had the exact same thing at the beginning of this year. Not hot air from the blowers but not overheating.

Because it wasn't overheating, the garage initially thought it was one of the motors behind the dash that operates the flap to direct the hot air. But it wasn't. Turned out to be the water pump all along, they showed me the old one and it had broke so god knows how it wasn't overheating?! Mines done a similar mileage to your as well so sounds like it could be the same thing.

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 November 2008, 14:28 »
mate you just dont how how much better thats made me feel, i sure hope its the same then!  its not nice not having a heater when its cold... i managed last year but i had to get it sorted this year! i have done serious mileage in it and never had a heater which makes me wonder why they thought waterpump, i have just rang them and they said they have broken the thermostat housing while taking it off so gotta wait even longer now!  :cry:

i dont mind paying the silly money if its fixed!!

Offline PaulMK4GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2008, 21:15 »
No probs mate, glad i've managed to put your mind at rest. Mine went in Jan this year when it was frickin freezin - i must be softer than you though cause i lasted about a day before i decided i was too cold!

I guess it makes sense as they usually fail around 80k i think, the not overheating still remains a mystery though? Fingers crossed that solves it anyway and look on the bright side, you'll have another 60k before you need to change the cam belt again!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 November 2008, 21:41 »
yeah thats one way of looking at it i guess! ive still not got the car back, i took it in tuesday morning and they havent called me to say whats goin on ive had to call them.... bit poor customer service in my opinion! i really hope it was the waterpump that has made my heater fail! if not i wont no what to do as this is costing me nearly 500 quid and ive been without my car for way to long now! they say it will be all done for tomorrow...
one thing that threw me today is a mate of a mate works there, so my mate text him asking whats going on, he said he had a look and thinks the heaters flaps arent working.... GREAT!! why they doing my thermostat waterpump and cambelt and charging me 500 quid then..................!! hmmmmmmm

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 08 November 2008, 15:11 »
STILL NOT GOT MY CAR BACK!!!  :angry:

went down there yesterday, car all hooked up to a machine... car was running so half the battle i guess.. seems that after sending the wrong thermostat housing which they broke the thermostat inside is now faulty! guy said he wants to return the car 100% fixed which i agreed is the way it should be! so he said can we put you in a car....

im now driving a 08 plate polo courtesy car... its flat as a pancake, i think its one of those 3 cylinder jobbys! fun times!

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 08 November 2008, 20:57 »
Better than no car!