Author Topic: Dealer putting in too much PSI  (Read 6099 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Dealer putting in too much PSI
« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2020, 10:07 »
@kmpowell, what does my signature say, 18s, and of course I checked my door sticker, and I know it says 36PSI unladen, you really think I would come on here moaning about the correct PSI, if I didn't KNOW the exact mmanufacturers unladen PSI for my car??? Of course different sizes and variants are different.

Hence I know it is wrong and I am surprised VW have even bothered to do them, and I don't need snide patronising twots telling me to check my door sticker.

@monkeyhanger, you are right 40-42 is too high.

Ok, I can see now that the dealer putting a psi in above the recommended front ladened weight is enough to make the most reasonable person "angry". This is totally unacceptable...

So what shall we all recommend you do?

1. Complain to the dealer and get some sort of £compensation, how about free servicing for life due to this monumental cock-up that could endanger you and everybody that gets in your car, and everybody who might be driving by your when you are driving?
2. We all get together, hunt down the dealer principle, burn down the dealership whilst he's tied to his desk, all because he/they didn't ring you up and ask how ladened your car is when you drive it?
3. Take a few psi out to the levels you want/need (as per the handbook suggest you do regular and something you would normally do when picking the car up from service, not a month later), breath, realise there are far bigger things in life to get "angry" about, and stop acting like a petulant child?

Lots of love, your "snide patronising twot"
xxx

ps. please do continue to use more capitalised words in your responses so we all KNOW you're angry and serious.
pps.

The backs are fine, it's just the front's that are 1psi over. Hardly crime of the century.

:kiss:
« Last Edit: 03 August 2020, 10:09 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2020, 10:35 »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 August 2020, 10:38 »
Pic snipped

That's from my old car! :laugh:
Yup, I went back and found your post from where somebody queried (not complained/moaned/angry) PSI's on a 7.5. At the time it was believed PSI's had risen, but your picture post (from a 2015 PP IIRC) showed PSI's had remained constant through 7 and 7.5.

:)
« Last Edit: 03 August 2020, 10:41 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2020, 10:53 »
Pic snipped

Yup, I went back and found your post from where somebody queried (not complained/moaned/angry) PSI's on a 7.5. At the time it was believed PSI's had risen, but your picture post (from a 2015 PP IIRC) showed PSI's had remained constant through 7 and 7.5.

I love red :kiss: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 03 August 2020, 13:15 »
Pic snipped

that's just it though they havent. My 2016 GTi pp on standard 18s had 36psi all round. A guy at work got a lease deal on a GTi pp in early 2017 and his pressure were different to mine. VW upped the pressures in the run up to wltp emmisions. My friend got a 7.5 GTi pp and his tyres are 41psi. None of those are consistant pressures.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2020, 13:30 »
I started at 41psi on my 19” Prets now down to 36 and I cannot tell a difference in ride quality or mpg
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2020, 15:23 »
Pic snipped

that's just it though they havent. My 2016 GTi pp on standard 18s had 36psi all round. A guy at work got a lease deal on a GTi pp in early 2017 and his pressure were different to mine. VW upped the pressures in the run up to wltp emmisions. My friend got a 7.5 GTi pp and his tyres are 41psi. None of those are consistant pressures.
From memory I think the 18’s have gone up 2psi, but 19’s have remained the same.
SOLD March 2021

Offline Phil245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2020, 17:08 »
Blimey, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get involved in this thread as it has become a bit unfriendly.........

But I was just thinking to myself that if your gauge is about 5% out and the dealers is about 5% out,  that would easily explain a 4 psi difference....?

Obviously we all want our tyre pressures correct, but how accurate are gauges....?
2019 Golf GTI 245 Performance, 2020 Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0 TDI
Sadly sold, Octavia VRS245 Estate, Audi A3 1.5TFSI S Line Black Edition, Polo GTi 1.8, Audi TT Roadster, Golf Mk7 GTD etc.
Daughter has 2019 Polo 2.0GTi DSG. We love VAG !

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2020, 18:38 »
Blimey, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get involved in this thread as it has become a bit unfriendly.........

But I was just thinking to myself that if your gauge is about 5% out and the dealers is about 5% out,  that would easily explain a 4 psi difference....?

Obviously we all want our tyre pressures correct, but how accurate are gauges....?
depends what gauge you have, not all are accurate and I'd hazard a guess that the yts trainee at the dealer wouldn't really care either  :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2020, 18:39 »
Pic snipped

From memory I think the 18’s have gone up 2psi, but 19’s have remained the same.
18s went from 36 to 40/41 and then back to 36. Maybe they pull the numbers out of a hat at the factory 🤣🤣