Author Topic: latest Maps ?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
latest Maps ?
« on: 29 July 2020, 10:14 »
Sorry if this has been posted before, did a quick search and it came up with nothing recent.

What are the very latest maps for the Gen 2.5 (i.e MK 7.5 with the 8" Glass screen) please. This will be the standard Discover Nav with the SD card not the Nav Pro with the built in HDD.

I've just been on the download part of VW's website and downloaded what i thought were the latest maps, but the package says:

DiscoverMedia2_EU1_1410_V12,

which I believe are from 2019 ? Surely these can't be the latest ones ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: latest Maps ?
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2020, 10:17 »
I was on just the other day and it looks like Discover Nav hasn't been updated since November last year whereas the pro maps were updated earlier this month. Pretty good from VW to give you free updates but then not update them  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2020, 10:46 »
That's what it looked like to me to Chris - so there are no newer maps ?

BTW, isn't today the big day you get your car ? If so don't forget photos or it never happened (and don't forget to change your signature)  :D
« Last Edit: 29 July 2020, 10:48 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2020, 12:25 »
I actually got it last Wednesday but it's been with the detailer since then, picking it up tonight 👍
Couple of pics in New Arrivals.
« Last Edit: 29 July 2020, 12:32 by mcmaddy »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2020, 13:38 »
Ah right, just seen it. Does look very smart. Much prefer the TCR's without the full graphics details down the side (your TCR logo down log is quite subtle). Apologies to anyone with a TCR with the full door graphics  :D

BTW, is that you in the checked shirt ?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2020, 15:03 »
Yes that's me, was trying to hide out the way before the wife started snapping  :grin:

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2020, 21:50 »
This is the latest update (and the update I have shortly after getting GTI) as far as I know - cant remember which map variation I choose though - Europe 1 ??

GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2020, 06:48 »
The maps available through Discovercare were updated in June, so maybe the direct update route has been abandoned. If you read this thread you will see that a number of us updated our maps via Discovercare, which seems to work as it should now.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add the link to the other thread! 😬 Here you are:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=286472.0
« Last Edit: 30 July 2020, 12:00 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2020, 08:25 »
Unfortunately 'Discovercare' did not work for me :sad: and I had to resort to the download which as has been said is nearly a year old now.
Mistac - I downloaded Europe 1, but you could go with 2 if it covers the most likely countries you might visit... and is significantly smaller.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2020, 14:46 »
Does anyone have a direct link to download DiscoverCare? All I can find is version 1.0.1 which when you open it takes you VW.de and then nothing happens.