Author Topic: Thinking about moving from a 1.5 tsi 150 dsg to a 2019 gti dsg  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
New tyres in 7500 miles? No wonder the passenger seat had a stain  :laugh:

We definitely need a like button here! :grin:
Paying cash
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
New tyres in 7500 miles? No wonder the passenger seat had a stain  :laugh:

We definitely need a like button here! :grin:
Paying cash

OK, paying cash, so VWFS won't be bleeding you dry then!

Before you tell the dealer "cash", make sure there aren't any incentives for taking the finance like a deposit contribution or service pack. I just bought a 10 month old Audi A4 and took it on finance to grab the 2 free services that were offered as an incentive. Then 2 days after I picked the car up, I rang VWFS to "withdraw" from the financial agreement within the 14 day coing off period. You pay nominal interest until they accept (rang Tuesday after picking the car up the Friday before and paid £8.82 interest), then they give you 40 days to clear what you owe.

If you buy a £25k car with a £1k deposit contribition, you'll owe £24k, not £25k.

In my case, I retain the 2 free services.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
They going to get bumper painted properly at there body shop and the wheel refurbed and also they said they repaint the door but I don’t no to let them as it’s quite small but I’m not sure if I can polish it out but I don’t want to end up with a different shade of door in certain lights for such minor scratch
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
They going to get bumper painted properly at there body shop and the wheel refurbed and also they said they repaint the door but I don’t no to let them as it’s quite small but I’m not sure if I can polish it out but I don’t want to end up with a different shade of door in certain lights for such minor scratch

If just the door was to be repainted, then there’s a chance you’d see a shade difference between the door and the adjoining panels. A high quality body shop would blend the paint into the panels either side of the door to minimise any risk of seeing a possible shade difference between the new paint and original factory paint.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Unless you are planning on showing the car and keeping it in a plastic bubble in the garage, I'd not bother fixing it at all if its a minor scratch.

Your first trip to the supermarket will no doubt add more....

Get them to knock something off the price because you want to "get it done yourself" and be done with it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict

So have you changed your mind then? I had a look back at the post where you describe the issues, except for the stained seat mine had fairly similar. That's what you get for not stumping up for new (assuming you are getting a good deal). What fredgroves said, get some money off and don't worry about it. Mine had an approx 10" scratch on the bonnet, just 10 minutes hand polishing got it almost out to the point where I struggle to find it now. I'd even be dubious at getting the bumper sprayed, how about one of those fancy bumper trims to cover them up? That'll prevent future scuffs too which will happen.

Anyway, get it done and get driving it, you'll love it and will forget about the odd mark very quickly. They are great cars and you only live once. Please don't take offence but a 1.5TSI is just a car like any other. The GTI is a bit special :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Should be picking it up next week. I told them leave the scratch but do bumper and wheel and they have knocked 200 off for small scratch so in all pretty happy. Thanks everyone for taking time to reply.
I’m not going to lie I feel a little excited

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
I’m not going to lie I feel a little excited

Great! That's what it's all about :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.