Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774095 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10560 on: 07 August 2020, 20:09 »
Sold it!!
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10561 on: 07 August 2020, 22:34 »
They look fantastic :cool: - a nice classic design and very OEM looking. The best colour for alloys too IMO.

If only VW had more painted / powder coated alloy wheel options for their performance models, rather than focusing on predominantly on diamond cut alloys.

Thanks for the kind words. Agree they look stunning now from the gloss black they were.
Diamond cut looks good when new but worm very quickly with our weather.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10562 on: 08 August 2020, 00:33 »
I'm now wondering what my R would look like on OZ Superleggeras and a set of Ohlins.  I had Ohlins on my Honda S2000, they really worked well, although they're so beautifully made that it's almost a shame to put them on a car, because you can't see them then.

I've had to forget those particular daydreams for now, and instead I've bought a Disklok to try to make sure that it stays where I've parked it, and a Nextbase 422 dash camera. 

Think it would look spot on. Mines sat on KW DDC’s but I’ve got Ohlins on the 3er. Ohlins are head and shoulders above all else I’ve ever ran on any of my cars as they are just superb in every way.
I’m really pleased with how the OZ’s came out after the refurb. Just hated the gloss black.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10563 on: 08 August 2020, 16:41 »
Started cleaning the underside of the car and fitted the harmonic dampener to the rear subframe

« Last Edit: 08 August 2020, 16:44 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #10564 on: 08 August 2020, 20:09 »
Started cleaning the underside of the car and fitted the harmonic dampener to the rear subframe

You could still fit the following:-

1. front exhaust tunnel aero cover,
2. rear exhaust tunnel (to left of fuel tank) aero cover,
3. MK6 Rear axle cover
4. MK8 lower wishbone (arm for spring) aero covers

all in my how to guides....

& that under side is obviously not a car from up here....way too clean... :shocked:

salt/grit eats everything...you can only slow it down with waxoyl etc (which I do use so not as bad as it could be)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #10565 on: 08 August 2020, 20:53 »

you'll have to report back if it helps or if it's just snake oil and placebo effect  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #10566 on: 08 August 2020, 21:42 »

you'll have to report back if it helps or if it's just snake oil and placebo effect  :grin:

I can with some degree of confidence state that is does work at reducing transmitted noise from harmonic vibrations from the rear subframe & suspension..  :cool:

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10567 on: 09 August 2020, 07:09 »
golfdave,used your guides to fit the aero covers and harmonic damper.
Both excellent and much appreciated.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10568 on: 09 August 2020, 12:56 »
Fitted the harmonic damper

Apologies for the dirty underside..... :embarrassed:
Sootchucker, do you ever drive the car... it's so clean :cool:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10569 on: 09 August 2020, 15:01 »
Trust me it was filthy before I started, and was only a quick wipe over. When I do a wheels off clean (including the fronts), I’ll give it a proper go.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras