Author Topic: Manifold intake issue mk6 gti  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Blackcat741

• Just got here
Manifold intake issue mk6 gti
« on: 12 October 2020, 18:03 »
Evening all,

I know this subject has been raised before but couldn't seem to find an answer.  I'm trying to find out if I can get the manifold intake delete done on my car.  Rang ecotune earlier and the guy there seemed to think it couldn't be done on a Mk 6 gti (he did mention engi evidence but lost me). Has anyone done this up here and if so can you point me in the right direction.  I had some work done by awesomegti (injectors) and I think they said i could have it done but would need a remap as well.

Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Offline DubSteve68

• Just got here
Re: Manifold intake issue mk6 gti
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2020, 11:05 »
Hiya,

Yes it can be done but you'll really need a remap if you're wanting to safely delete the intake flaps. TSI engines have two modes of operation, "stratified" and "homogeneous", stratified mode (low speed/revs) requires the intake flaps to be present for normal function. The "remap" disables stratified fuelling mode. Reduced fuel economy and rough cold starting/running, as well as ECU errors are potential issues if deleting the flaps on a stock ECU.

Check out this site for info and prices... https://clptuning.co.uk/product/apr-2-0tfsi-runner-flap-delete-kit/