Author Topic: Remapping without dyno  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
Remapping without dyno
« on: 24 September 2020, 19:54 »
Any advice on having a stage 1 without a dyno. Is it ok to do? Or would it always be better having it done with a company that does have a RR?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Remapping without dyno
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2020, 10:13 »
Only if you want a piece of paper that gives some guide to the impact. The RR will only be used to create that, nothing to do with the remap itself.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2020, 12:34 »
If its from a respected name I don't see an issue without as it should have had extensive testing on multiple examples of the car. The only advantage of the RR is that it will show if the cars working correctly first. If going for a RR one always get a before and after graph on the same day with the same operator and parameters to show true gains. Just numbers off a RR are meaningless.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2020, 14:50 »
The remap with RR is a custom map done for the car specifically. The remap with out RR is a generic map. Should I be favouring 1 over the other in this case?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2020, 15:55 »
Is your car significantly modified to warrant a custom map? Is there a price difference worth paying?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2020, 17:46 »
Car is standard. The custom map with RR is £100 more expensive than the none custom map without RR

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2020, 08:44 »
If the generic map used is apr or revo can I have it done with confidence? The company doing the mapping is a local company so can only look at the local reviews of work done by them.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2020, 09:38 »
Both are proven over the years.
Try a search on her for more info as, both have been talked about extensively over the years on the ml6.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2020, 09:40 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Eighteen88

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2020, 12:27 »
If the generic map used is apr or revo can I have it done with confidence? The company doing the mapping is a local company so can only look at the local reviews of work done by them.

Can speak for Revo however APR is what I had on my old mk5 and which I currently have on my Edition35 and the gains are superb you’ll pay a little more for APR but certainly worth it!
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2020, 13:15 »
personally i would always go for a dyno remap with a custom map for the individual vehicle, nicky at RTech would be my first port of call for this
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles