Author Topic: Swede or Turnip...........  (Read 17541 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: Swede or Turnip...........
« Reply #10 on: 13 October 2013, 09:23 »
Well the battery was goosed after such heavy discharge I think, so new cheap halfrauds one bought. Sent it for MOT and if failed on a few things.

First was headlight beam too low. Pretty sure that was down to them as there are four settings on the switch to raise and lower the beam for weight in the back, so thats a non issue.

Second was ESP light displaying fault. No, the ESP was turned off so the light will be on dumbass!

Third was a numberplate light out. Was fine the day before but checked and changed out.

Last was a brake imbalance across the rear beam (o/s slow) whatever that means. Theres a receipt in the history for the rear o/s being stripped and refirbed by the monkeys at Halford autocentre less than two years ago. Had the calipers off and the o/s had a split piston seal, so just got another pagid one from ecp for the sake of £44. N/S looks good so hoping that will sort it.

Its a good thing that MOT testers are diligent imo, however putting things on the advisory list like undertrays fitted, plastic sill covers fitted, and child seat fitted are just daft imo.

I'll get it back in for retest next week so hopefully thats it then. Plans in the pipeline should it pass are a good service which is sorely needed, then around xmas (bad time money wise but only time I can get off work long enough) its time for the GB to come off. DMF, clutch, slave cylinder and release bearing change. Hopefully it'll be good for a fair few miles from then on.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2013, 16:45 »
Now passed the MOT, which means I actually have to spend some money on it.  :rolleyes:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2013, 22:47 »
Just spent £500 on parts from Neo Brothers  :huh:

DMF, Clutch, Slave cylinder, Cambelt, Waterpump, and service items.

Looks like its here for a while then.  :shocked:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2013, 18:48 »
Clutch, CNC and DMF replaced this w.end. Sooo much easier to actually change gear and drive the thing now, not to mention the reduction in noise at idle.  :shocked:

Exhaust needs a new flexi but its not too bad tbh, that can wait a few months until it starts getting a bit noisy too...............

I kinda wish it would just die now though. I never had any problems with my old petrol one, but this one is sh!te and been nothing but trouble. Begs the question why Saab went bust in the first place.  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2013, 19:02 »
cos they are all vauxhalls bits you are changing  :lipsrsealed:

:whistle:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2013, 20:47 »
cos they are all vauxhalls bits you are changing  :lipsrsealed:

:whistle:

The new ones will be goosed in a month or so then?  :whistle:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2013, 21:36 »
oh i dont know. I stuck LUK stuff in mine, identical to Vauxhall stuff.

34k and 2 years and mines coping well, even with towing duties.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2013, 21:47 »
swenip :smiley:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 19 November 2013, 18:14 »
oh i dont know. I stuck LUK stuff in mine, identical to Vauxhall stuff.

34k and 2 years and mines coping well, even with towing duties.  :lipsrsealed:

Yeah they were all LUK items so decent quality. Cambelt and waterpump next. Cambelt was done less than 20k ago but it was done by the monkeys at Halfords autocentre and no mention of Waterpump being done at the same time, which is a biggie on these lumps. Its the waterpump seizing and snapping the belt that is usually the problem.  :rolleyes:  70 odd K since the history suggests it was changed out with intervals of 60k. Meh, whats the worst that could happen....................

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2014, 14:32 »
Bloody alternator gone now! Old one removed today and new one should arrive tomorrow along with a replacement thermostat which I've also notice the last few weeks seems duff. May as well do Cambelt and water pump whilst I'm at it which I have been putting off for a while now. Pain as I'd planned to spend the day on the Rado Saturday which I doubt I'll have time for now.  :angry: